Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Inception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I broke two boxes of this today and man is it awesome. I hit 3 on card autos in 2 boxes and one Patch/Sticker Auto. Also hit a Patch numbered to 10. I will post scans in the box break section.

It is very nice and the cards are great looking. Some very nice big patches already hitting ebay.

Anyone else like this set? For my money this is easily the best set released so far.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
morgoth said:
I broke two boxes of this today and man is it awesome. I hit 3 on card autos in 2 boxes and one Patch/Sticker Auto. Also hit a Patch numbered to 10. I will post scans in the box break section.

It is very nice and the cards are great looking. Some very nice big patches already hitting ebay.

Anyone else like this set? For my money this is easily the best set released so far.

I agree with you, so much so that I'll be breaking a box in a couple hours. The price is right, and the checklist seems solid.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I won my first Silver Signature tonight, the Ryan Williams, too bad its a redemption.

osappy1

Aug 11, 2008
Bay Area
Picked this up today and looking to get a few Patriots for the PC

jji.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Doesn't it bother you all that topps is just churning out the rookie premiere jerseys? From what I have seen most
of the pulls are rookies no one cares about. There have been only 2 Ponders on ebay as of last night. The on card
autos are nice.

Kevin

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Doesn't it bother you all that topps is just churning out the rookie premiere jerseys? From what I have seen most
of the pulls are rookies no one cares about. There have been only 2 Ponders on ebay as of last night. The on card
autos are nice.

Kevin

There is a good side and a bad side to this. First, the checklist consists of the Rookie Premiere guys and Da'Quan Bowers. There are hardly any non-premiere scrubs on the list. Thats good, because you arent going to get Cecil Shorts as your box hit.

Bad part is that there are no veterans on the checklist.

Not sure how I feel yet, but I love the look of the cards.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Gellman said:
schmidtfan20 said:
autos are nice.

Kevin

There is a good side and a bad side to this. First, the checklist consists of the Rookie Premiere guys and Da'Quan Bowers. There are hardly any non-premiere scrubs on the list. Thats good, because you arent going to get Cecil Shorts as your box hit.

Bad part is that there are no veterans on the checklist.

Not sure how I feel yet, but I love the look of the cards.

with gellman on this. As far as the jerseys that is what every manufacturer does with rookies. Not sure the confusion unless you do not follow football cards... Never has been different but one time in 06 and a select few players. So no for me on the bothering aspect. Last years treasures are just full of patches off mutliple premiere jerseys.. There never use to be that many patches til they started putting multiple patches on the player worn jersey.... They still command huuuge premiums

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
autos are nice.

Kevin

Not at all as this is standard practice for all manufacturers. Also I don't mind that because Topps has given us tons of value at under 100 bucks.

Multiple autos
Good RC checklist
On Card Autos
Cool Patchs and Logos
Killer design

The only "bad" thing is that there are no vet autos, but you know what they have 5 Star and the rest of their higher end sets to do that in. This is a rookie set and for what it is its awesome.

I mean compare this to ELITE and see which you would want to buy.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
could care less if the jerseys are from the Premiere or not...not liking the fact that there aren't vets/Legends on the checklist which brings down the percentage on pulling something nice....I'd be pissed if I spent all of that money and my "Big hit" was a Taiwan Jones patch auto...AND I'M A RAIDER FAN :lol:

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
morgoth said:
schmidtfan20 said:
autos are nice.

Kevin

Not at all as this is standard practice for all manufacturers. Also I don't mind that because Topps has given us tons of value at under 100 bucks.

Multiple autos
Good RC checklist
On Card Autos
Cool Patchs and Logos
Killer design

The only "bad" thing is that there are no vet autos, but you know what they have 5 Star and the rest of their higher end sets to do that in. This is a rookie set and for what it is its awesome.

Couldnt have said it better. Nice job.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Gellman said:
morgoth said:
schmidtfan20 said:
autos are nice.

Kevin

Multiple autos
Good RC checklist
On Card Autos
Cool Patchs and Logos
Killer design

Thanks, I am still PO'd on how they ruined Elites design this year, talk about FUGLY

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
morgoth said:
Gellman said:
morgoth said:
schmidtfan20 said:
autos are nice.

Kevin

Multiple autos
Good RC checklist
On Card Autos
Cool Patchs and Logos
Killer design

Thanks, I am still PO'd on how they ruined Elites design this year, talk about FUGLY

Especially when you see how they changed it for the national. Those would have been perfectly acceptable.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I don't think i've ever been more pissed over cards than I was with Elite. Panini killed Elite. Those bastards!

I'm diggin Inception. Definately won't be busting any, but will be grabbing some singles and have a nice rookie patch auto /399 incoming.

Latest posts