Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you ever look at the back of cards?

Do you ever look at the back of cards?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I remember when I was younger I used to look up the stats of the players form the previous years and any tidbits of information. Now days however with the internet I find myself almost never looking at the back of the card unless there is a serial number posted.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Backs of baseball cards used to be synonomous with 'where stats lived'. Now you just flip to MLB.com on your cellphone and have better stats than any 1991 bowman issue which used to break out performances against each team.

But even beyond that i'll admit that i have sometimes seen backs of cards, not recognized them, and then realized i have those cards and never noticed what teh back of the card looks like.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I find that I don't. I mean, I'll glance at, especially if it's serial #'d, but... one day I saw a picture on the back of a card. I've had the card for 6 years, but never noticed how bad ass the picture on the back was!

It's my avatar now
<---------------

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
1995 topps Thome card has a funny story on it of him, about him running on the field and running into the club house to see a player lol

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
Backs of baseball cards used to be synonomous with 'where stats lived'. Now you just flip to MLB.com on your cellphone and have better stats than any 1991 bowman issue which used to break out performances against each team.

But even beyond that i'll admit that i have sometimes seen backs of cards, not recognized them, and then realized i have those cards and never noticed what teh back of the card looks like.

Sure, but one can also find many more and much better pictures of players at MLB.com as well, not to mention video.

As someone else said if you're only looking at the front you're missing out on half the hobby, aside from stats the backs usually have much better/interesting design elements than the front.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm currently working on scanning the fronts and backs of all my Bagwell's... as a result I've read/looked at all the backs of each card.

Like others have said, there is some pretty interesting stuff on the back that you wouldn't have known otherwise.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
of course, you gotta check the back
if you have any Robin Jennings rookies as a ChiCub you'd find out he is the only player ever born in Singapore. He is also the only major leaguer who is my cousin as well :eek:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I love the backs of cards. Especially the writeups on a lot of older vintage cards, very cool. Quite a few neat ads and whatnot. Tobacco/caramel cards are the best, the only stats = BA & F%....gotta love simplicity!

I will have to scan some of my favorite backs within the next week.

I also like newer cards with full career stats on the back, you don't get those nowadays but gotta love the sets that have them!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
A lot of card backs now are blah, but lots of older DLP and UD cards have GREAT pics/designs on the back

HearstCrusade.jpg

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Yes and every time I look at Jay Bruce's 05 Bowman Draft I see the drafted by info stating he was drafted by the Braves. If only that were true :(

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts