Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

white plains ecn saturday threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
morning peeps,

anyone on line? Damn, line is pretty long. lol

im the lone yellow brother with red backpack!

dave

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
chick's aiight..

;)

subbed a few more rcr's

I did do a cash/trade on a gorgeous 1/1 that ill post a scan later. its a damn beauty! and I THINK I got an AWESOME deal on it

remember, always carry cards for possible trades/sales. never done that before but today, carried some stuff and was able to obtain the nice 1/1!!

place is packed. waiting now for ozzie signing

for those who are here, have a great time!

dave

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Also, no pics of the chick to share with everyone? C'mon Dave...whip out that Iphone! lol

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
hahaha!

nah, im not gonna be THAT guy..lol!

lyonel, didn't really notice a diff. bet that table and others..I think they r more interested in the bargains boxes at this point. hehe!

dave

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
daveyou said:
hahaha!

nah, im not gonna be THAT guy..lol!

lyonel, didn't really notice a diff. bet that table and others..I think they r more interested in the bargains boxes at this point. hehe!

dave

Yeah, his table was pretty much bargain boxes galore. It was mess but definitely some cheap goodies could be had if one had the patience to go through them all!

Did you notice the amount of dealers that had laptops opened to EBAY? I noticed that more than before...not sure if it's just me but I think dealers are "wising up" and not wanting to get ripped!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
oh yeah, def.

its really difficult for deals on singles here unless u get REALLY lucky but the prices...way above ebay on most doesn't make sense...but hey..

dave

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I agree. Unless you get a dealer that just wants to sell at all costs and you can make a good deal on multiples...that's the best. Otherwise, I really don't mind paying ebay prices because I can examine the goods before buying and not worrying about the USPS machine eating up the card etc. A lot of times, ebay prices are still way lower than a card should go for, that's when it's a good buy even though it IS ebay prices.

Also, did you see Gee and Turner this morning? They must have been super tired from that late start last night!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
yup, agreed. rarely do I buy singles on shows unless its a too good to be true deal. from what I am seeing, with how jeff, u and others do, the bargain boxes are the best deals. like comc live version. steals to be had!!

yeah, they bumped up their signing to earlier time. thy looked a little tired...

dave

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
daveyou said:
yup, agreed. rarely do I buy singles on shows unless its a too good to be true deal. from what I am seeing, with how jeff, u and others do, the bargain boxes are the best deals. like comc live version. steals to be had!!

yeah, they bumped up their signing to earlier time. thy looked a little tired...

dave

Only if you knew what you were looking for/at. In going through a ton of them some looked like steals but I had no clue if they were rare of whatever. I probably passed over a ton of 90's inserts and others but what can ya do...I specialize in prospects and a little dabbling into football...not much more! :?

I know OFF hockey but don't know who the up and comers were unless they were Rangers.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Looks like a nice show, wish I could make it. Is it retro/90's mainly, or is there modern stuff too?

Edit - looks like the next show I could attend is the one in centereach on 8/28; anyone know about it?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
poppudaimadochi said:
Looks like a nice show, wish I could make it. Is it retro/90's mainly, or is there modern stuff too?

More modern than vintage (compared to shows past) which is perfect for me! I could care less about 1950's stuff (no offense to those who collect those!)

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
I hear that. first time ever, dug through them $1 boxes. lol! spent $15 on inserts but prob worthless!!! lol

dave

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Also, no pics of the chick to share with everyone? C'mon Dave...whip out that Iphone! lol

[youtube:26aotsul]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0[/youtube:26aotsul]

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
daveyou said:
the hof auto signing is a disaster...wow..not very organized...sheesh!

dave

Really? Is it just too many signers at once and not too many organizers working the lines? Or?

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Dave, how's the show? Better than thursday and friday? worth coming down for the last two and a half hours of it?

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
daveyou said:
the hof auto signing is a disaster...wow..not very organized...sheesh!

dave

Yesterday everyone had a ticket # for each signer and you went in groups of 10, but people were saying (with some concern) that the organizers were planning to do away with that for the Saturday/Sunday signings in favor of the "rush to the door hours ahead of time and form a huge confusing line because there are multiple signers" method. I take it those rumors turned out to be true?

Members online

Latest posts