Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB "starter collection" giveaway contest!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
If you're a relatively new collector just starting to build, tell us your story. In 300 words or less, explain why and when you got started, where you're at with your collection and what your focus is (if there is one). A random winner will be selected to win a 200 count box of game used, auto's and prospect cards!

Shiping is free, since an FCB member has agreed to pay for it (LOL), which will be UPS first class standard. Good luck to all and let's hear your stories!

C'mon...it's free stuff people!!!

- jkeys

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I'll start... I'm 13 years old, and I am looking for game used, auto's and prospect cards to raise money for....ohhhh, never mind.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
jkeys said:
Surely there's more "starter collectors" out there (???)

- jkeys

I hope there are and hopefully they find this thread.

That was always a question I had - if new collectors would be finding this site.
That was the only bummer to me after the old BMB boards went to hell. Speaking for myself, that was the first place I thought of and found when getting back into the hobby. All the great members there (many here now) helped me a ton.....If I was getting back in to the hobby today and went to that board, I probably wouldn't have jumped back in like I did.
I can only hope anyone in that position today is able to find FCB.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
Im pretty new to collecting(past few months). I am very close to my uncle and he collects cards too. He is the one that got me into collecting. I pay for my cards by mowing grass. Ive bought a lot of packs, and even some boxes. I dont really have a specific focus, i just collect cards that i like. i like to trade, buy and sell, that way my collection is always changing. Ive got some pretty good cards, my best one is that Nolan Ryan sterling 1/1 auto that Topps sent my uncle. It was close to my birthday and he had a bunch of stuff sent in to Topps. He got the package and told me i could have whatever was in it for my birthday. You shoulda seen his face when i opened it and showed him the nolan ryan!! I offered it back to him because thats a really nice card, but he just smiled and told me Happy Birthday. Thanks for the contest!

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
t_crabby95 said:
Im pretty new to collecting(past few months). I am very close to my uncle and he collects cards too. He is the one that got me into collecting. I pay for my cards by mowing grass. Ive bought a lot of packs, and even some boxes. I dont really have a specific focus, i just collect cards that i like. i like to trade, buy and sell, that way my collection is always changing. Ive got some pretty good cards, my best one is that Nolan Ryan sterling 1/1 auto that Topps sent my uncle. It was close to my birthday and he had a bunch of stuff sent in to Topps. He got the package and told me i could have whatever was in it for my birthday. You shoulda seen his face when i opened it and showed him the nolan ryan!! I offered it back to him because thats a really nice card, but he just smiled and told me Happy Birthday. Thanks for the contest!

Great story, glad to see you got an awesome pull!

Any more out there?

- jkeys

theotherCUTCH

May 28, 2011
I was big into collecting pirates and rookie cards at the beginning of this summer. I got a pretty decent collecting going and i was pretty happy with the progress. I go to college at Slippery Rock University, a small state school in western PA. For those who dont know, the new govenor cut the education budget by almost 50%, raising tuition for all schools in the state. My tuition jumped about $2,500. I had to sell almost everything to get the extra money, only thing i kept were my '60s Pirates cards. After selling all that i just lost the drive to build back up my collection, and dont really have the finanancial means. I would really appreciate something like this.

Thanks for the contest!

zdf123

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn't exactly call my self too much of a "starter collector" any more, but my dad got me into collecting when i was 5 years old and i've been collecting for the past 11 years since. I kind of got the first child treatment, so my dad got me into collecting but didn't really make an effort with my brothers about it lol, but i've gotten them really into it in the past year. They want to do everything i do, so it wasn't too much of a surprise to me when they decided to take up collecting. I've advised them on all their purchases and such so the dealers at shows don't take advantage of them like i learned they did to me. I'm going to put them into this contest as my "starter collectors". Thanks!

e.v.

Jan 23, 2011
I am a 14 year old collector that has been into collecting for the past two years. My collection has come in strides since I got into Beckett Football in March of 2010 for my first real good pull (you can see the arcticle called THEISMANN TROPHY under readers write :D ) Now my main collecting focus is completeing the 1970 topps set. I have gotten into vintige baseball cards most recently. I have also flirted with prospecting some by collecting Gerrit cole autos about 8 months before the draft. I believe this box will help me move forward with my collection and help me carry on for years to come!

Thanks for the contest.
E.V.

P.S. I would also like to thank the FCB community for helping me get where I am today.
Thanks E.V.

Members online

Latest posts