Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake patches - who are the dealers to avoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I don't normally buy GU cards but I have my sights on one and was wondering who some of the people to avoid buying from because of their "alterations." I'm sure there is a thread about this some place. I remember reading at one point to avoid patches that look too good from certain cities as well but I can't remember the cities. :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I don't know who he was, but a dealer buddy of mine said that another dealer was arrested at the National for selling fake patches over the internet. The Postal Inspector and police walked right up to his booth on the first day it was open and arrested him in front of everyone. Wish I could have seen it, and i guess you don't have to worry about him anymore

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
wasnt that for selling fake full sized jerseys
Keyser Soze said:
I don't know who he was, but a dealer buddy of mine said that another dealer was arrested at the National for selling fake patches over the internet. The Postal Inspector and police walked right up to his booth on the first day it was open and arrested him in front of everyone. Wish I could have seen it, and i guess you don't have to worry about him anymore

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
jcmint said:
wasnt that for selling fake full sized jerseys
Keyser Soze said:

He was selling "game used" jerseys and some autographed ones too.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
bump. I'm sure this has been discussed on here and someone has some idea. I'd settle for a bad state to watch out for.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
bump. I'm sure this has been discussed on here and someone has some idea. I'd settle for a bad state to watch out for.

alot of them come out of charlotte, nc if i'm not mistaken. the seller (shoelessjoejackson, queencitysportscards, and a few more i can't remember) is know for faking autos and patches.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Off the top of my head ebay user cardboardpimping comes to mind...he sells some cool cards and has a ton of feedback...but once in awhile he'll list a sick patch that's blatently fake and hes sold probably about 100 fake ones overall

The guy at the Natty sold fake game used full size jerseys, bats, and autographs, but no cards. Wish I had seen that as well.

If you have a question about a specific card maybe link us and we'll be able to help you out usually it's obvious when you see a specific card.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Mozzie22 said:

contact mrwhitesox30 he is the guy to talk to here he has a great list

Members online

Latest posts