Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ivan rodriguez 3000 hits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
This season seems to be way off but I was wondering what you thought?

2008 220 hits
2009 212 hits
2010 106 hits
2011 25 hits

It seems his numbers are falling off, but alot of this has to be that he is in the nl and cant ever dh. He currently has 2842 hits. Does he have any chance at 3000?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
maybe if he juices up again?

hes never been mentioned. Do you feel the same way about piazza? He has never hit for power so what makes you so sure?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:

2008 110 hits
2009 106 hits
2010 106 hits
2011 25 hits

It seems his numbers are falling off, but alot of this has to be that he is in the nl and cant ever dh. He currently has 2842 hits. Does he have any chance at 3000?
Fixed.

I say no. He just won't get the ABs...

billsanders007

Jan 20, 2011
He has 1 shot...next year. I bet he is in amazing health/shape, BUT if he works from the end of the season until Spring Training AND signs with a bad AL team that can insert him into the lineup....then he has a shot. I hope so...has been a top tier player for a long time, would like to see a true through and through catcher reach 3000 hits.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
bouwob said:

2008 110 hits
2009 106 hits
2010 106 hits
2011 25 hits

Fixed.

Your numbers are wrong. He played for multiple teams in 2008 and 2009

he is also the only catcher to have more than 2500 hits. If he reached 3000, he likely would be the only catcher ever to do so.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
scotty21690 said:
bouwob said:

2008 110 hits
2009 106 hits
2010 106 hits
2011 25 hits

Fixed.

Mhmm...

But my #s are correct:

irod.png

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
ChasHawk said:

hes never been mentioned. Do you feel the same way about piazza? He has never hit for power so what makes you so sure?

What do you mean he's never been mentioned? It's a given that Pudge was on roids. I usually give players that benefit of the doubt but his name has surfaced too many times to ignore. ChasHawk and I don't agree on too damn much but this is a certainty. I've seen his name mentioned numerous times along with Juan-gone and the rest of that Ranger team. I mean come on, Canseco, Rafael Palmeiro, Juan Gonzalez, Pudge... of course.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
bouwob said:
scotty21690 said:
bouwob said:

2008 110 hits
2009 106 hits
2010 106 hits
2011 25 hits

Fixed.

Mhmm...

But my #s are correct:

irod.png

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: I guess adding in the total doesnt help ;)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:

I wasn't aware you had solid evidence he did steroids.

Oh wait, you DON'T have any evidence? You're just talking out your ass?

Shut up, moron

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
scotty21690 said:
bouwob said:
scotty21690 said:
bouwob said:

2008 110 hits
2009 106 hits
2010 106 hits
2011 25 hits

Fixed.

Mhmm...

But my #s are correct:

irod.png

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: I guess adding in the total doesnt help ;)
All good....I had to double check the #'s, I was like ugh just going straight to bed if I am looking at those wrong :lol:

I'd be cool to see him get 3,000 hits but I can't see it happening...he way past being a starter, and just doesn't get the ABs being a backup. The .214 BA isn't going to cut it, lol.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
JoshHamilton said:
ChasHawk said:

Shut up, moron

I think one would have to be a moron to truly believe Pudge didn't juice. You don't need conclusive evidence to know as much.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
"Ivan Rodriguez February 2005

Linked To: Steroids (Deca-Durabolin and/or Winstrol, Testosterone), HGH

The Story: In Juiced, Jose Canseco claims to have educated Rodriguez, along with Rafael Palmeiro and Juan Gonzalez, about steroids when they were teammates in Texas. He subsequently claims to have acquired steroids on behalf of all three before personally injecting each of them 'many times.' Canseco says all three used a combination of HGH and steroids (Deca-Durabolin and/or Winstrol) and 'a small dose' of injectable testosterone."

"Mike Piazza March 2009

Linked To: Steroids

The Story: Piazza reportedly admitted that he used performance enhancing drugs to at least one unnamed reporter. Long rumored to have used steroids, at least two former players were quoted as saying they were sure that Piazza used. Former New York Times reporter, Murray Chass, said that he had been aware of Piazza's severe back acne (a common side-effect of using steroids) and that it cleared up in 2004 when MLB instituted its first testing program with penalties. Piazza was named most significantly in Jeff Pearlman's book, The Rocket That Fell To Earth."

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
ChasHawk said:

Shut up, moron

1. Canseco says he introduced and showed him how to use them. Canseco may not be too credible but he is on this subect.

2. It was widely reported that his name was on the Mitchell report.

3. When asked in a 2009 interview whether his name was on the Mitchell Report his answer was, "Only God knows." Does that sound like an answer an intelligent man would give to that question?

Nobody had any "proof" that McGwire had done steroids either until he came clean but you would have to have been a moron to not know.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
bouwob said:
ChasHawk said:

What do you mean he's never been mentioned? It's a given that Pudge was on roids. I usually give players that benefit of the doubt but his name has surfaced too many times to ignore. ChasHawk and I don't agree on too damn much but this is a certainty. I've seen his name mentioned numerous times along with Juan-gone and the rest of that Ranger team. I mean come on, Canseco, Rafael Palmeiro, Juan Gonzalez, Pudge... of course.

If this is true, does this exclude him from the HOF?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
bouwob said:
Mozzie22 said:
bouwob said:
ChasHawk said:

Until they vote-in a known PED abuser, you would have to think that he would be excluded.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
Mozzie22 said:
bouwob said:
ChasHawk said:

Yes. Although his numbers warrant the HOF the writers have made it clear that anyone even associated with steroids won't get the votes. Fair or not it looks like this is the way it will be for a while.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Until they vote-in a known PED abuser, you would have to think not.

Wouldn't this exclude everyone who played from the 1990's until 2004?

Everyone who played during this era was suspect, but only a few were identified.

Does cansaco control who gets in over the next 20 years?

Members online

Latest posts