Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 1956 Topps PSA 7.5 set thus far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chelseafc11

May 28, 2011
Although I only have a handful of cards from this set in the particular grade I am going for, I have many others graded that I can sell for upgrades/downgrades when that time comes. Again, if anyone can help me out with this set it would be greatly appreciated. I tried joining the PSA registry forums but the adminstrator never approved me. Not sure what that is about but whatever. Enjoy my progress (even though its not much!)

1956Topps22JimFinigan.jpg

1956Topps58EdRoebuck.jpg

1956Topps79SandyKoufax.jpg

1956Topps96BillTremel.jpg

1956Topps142GeneBaker.jpg

1956Topps152BillyHoeft.jpg

1956Topps175DelCrandall.jpg

1956Topps260PeeWeeReese_0001.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hal

chelseafc11

May 28, 2011
ThoseBackPages said:
why 7 point 5?

Whenever a person asks me a "why" question, I also respond with why not? haha

But seriously, I know I surely cannot afford the set in a PSA 8. With that set, a PSA 7 would be feasible, but PSA 7.5s are all well centered (obviously as that is a large part of the half-grade) and aesthetically, I am not a big fan of off-center cards.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
chelseafc11 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
why 7 point 5?

Whenever a person asks me a "why" question, I also respond with why not? haha

But seriously, I know I surely cannot afford the set in a PSA 8. With that set, a PSA 7 would be feasible, but PSA 7.5s are all well centered (obviously as that is a large part of the half-grade) and aesthetically, I am not a big fan of off-center cards.

i hear you.

you do know the total numbers graded, correct?

PSA 7 = 52,393
PSA 7.5 = 1,385
PSA 8 = 5,340

chelseafc11

May 28, 2011
Oh, absolutely. I had full knowledge that there arent many graded 7.5s. It is statistically more difficult to do a PSA 7.5 set than it is to do a PSA 9 set. Not every card has been graded in a PSA 7.5 yet.

As with any of my sets, I know it will take me years to do so I figure that over the years the population numbers will grow and everything will work itself out! As I'm sure everyone knows, patience pays off in the hobby

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
chelseafc11 said:
Oh, absolutely. I had full knowledge that there arent many graded 7.5s. It is statistically more difficult to do a PSA 7.5 set than it is to do a PSA 9 set. Not every card has been graded in a PSA 7.5 yet.

As with any of my sets, I know it will take me years to do so I figure that over the years the population numbers will grow and everything will work itself out! As I'm sure everyone knows, patience pays off in the hobby

absolutely agreed.

are you only buying slabs, or going to sub raws? also, are you going to try to bump "old" 7's with nice centering?

chelseafc11

May 28, 2011
I am only buying slabs, although I did submit 30 or so 56 topps cards to PSA and I think the majority of them will grade really well. I just want to get decent grades so that I can have some value to balance out the purchase of cards for my set. I really wish I could buy the Mantle straight-away as I know that will be the heaviest hitter and there are 10 in the gray back version but none in the white (which I would not pay more for that variation anyway)

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
1950s 7.5s are some of the most undervalued cards out there.

I agree it will be tough to do a 7.5 set just because PSA is not consistent in handing out the 0.5 points yet. I have seen tons of subs of over 100 cards where 0 half grades were issued.

Members online

Latest posts