Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Getting back into collecting...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Alright boys, I've been out of the game for a few years now, but I've got some spare cash and have been looking to get back into the game. I've picked up a couple of retail boxes of Allen and Ginter but I'd like to bust a decent hobby box of something. Any suggestions? I'm open to anything, so if you've got a product you had luck with, like the design, the pulls, the checklists, the smell, anything. Thanks guys.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
ThoseBackPages said:
Scotty..... dont take this the wrong way, but why? you had seemed to have ridden your system of this horrible addiction!

Honestly E, I miss it like crazy. Plus it's something I would like to pass on to my kids some day. Thanks (inadvertently) to Clint, I'd like to at least have a half assed collection to get my kids started and teaching them about the hobby. I'm not going to be busting cases or anything like that, but a few pick ups for a PC and a box or two every now and then is what I'm looking at. Maybe build a few sets for the hell of it.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
If youre looking to open for fun, try 2011 topps chrome, its cheap... you may not get your value back, but its a very fun box to open, with all the parallels & refractors!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
jesus christ

i am really getting fed up with having to "log in" 47 times a day, ESPECIALLY when i KILLS a rather long post that i type out.

i recommend you focus, focus, focus. become an elite on some particular aspect of this hobby of ours

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
ThoseBackPages said:
jesus christ

i am really getting fed up with having to "log in" 47 times a day, ESPECIALLY when i KILLS a rather long post that i type out.

i recommend you focus, focus, focus. become an elite on some particular aspect of this hobby of ours

I've been thinking about going back to my Torii Hunter collection...Unfortunately, I would basically be starting from scratch because my sister "misplaced" what I already had when she took over my room...There went 3 of the 25 ruby red Hunter autos from 2004 Leaf Certified Cuts... :/

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
well i guess the hard core collectors will accept you back since your in Minn. with not much to do in winter time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
tramers said:
well i guess the hard core collectors will accept you back since your in Minn. with not much to do in winter time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got that right :p

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
55_marlins_sp said:
tramers said:

Ooof, Ely is even worse than me. I'm in St. Cloud. :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Sjrmn91 said:
55_marlins_sp said:
tramers said:

You can always slide around in the snowy roads with your truck, and/or Blazer :eek: :shock: :cool:

Anyway, my advise is DON'T collect Glen Perkins. I hate competition. :lol:

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
TBTwinsFan said:
Sjrmn91 said:
55_marlins_sp said:
tramers said:

You can always slide around in the snowy roads with your truck, and/or Blazer :eek: :shock: :cool:

How convenient, I have a blazer.

Nah, not a fan of Perkins. You can have him. ;)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Sjrmn91 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Sjrmn91 said:
55_marlins_sp said:
tramers said:

How convenient, I have a blazer.

Nah, not a fan of Perkins. You can have him. ;)

:lol: I have two. I was kidding though, that's a one way street to a hefty ticket.

Yay! No competition for me! But I do agree with Eric, find one aspect of the hobby and become an expert on it.

Latest posts