Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ALCS Rangers, Tigers who gets it?

Who wins the alcs

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well the tigers did their job getting the yankees out of the playoffs. Now the Rangers need to do their job to send the tigers back home. That will cover the AL.

Then we need Milwaukee to beat Arizona, St. Louis to beat Philly, and Milwaukee to beat St. Louis in the NLCS.

Finally Milwaukee to beat Texas in the WS. Then my playoff predictions would be 100% correct

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Still think it's going to be a Tigers/Phillies WS

If Leyland is smart (unless Detroit wins the 1st 3 games) he'll go: Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Verlander and leave Porcello OUT

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Since the trading deadline Detroit and Texas have the two best records, with Detroit by a hair. I say the same happens here, with Detroit in 6-7.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
markakis8 said:

If Leyland is smart (unless Detroit wins the 1st 3 games) he'll go: Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Verlander and leave Porcello OUT

I really doubt Verlander goes three games. I'd like to see that, but who knows.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
By the way, I'm not really sure who to root for. The only reason I would want the Rangers to win is Josh Hamilton and Michael Young.

I love Leyland and Verlander so I wouldn't be upset to see them in the WS either.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
markakis8 said:

Will Scherzer be ready for game 2 on Sunday? He threw an inning a 1/3rd tonight with 32 pitches. Is this basically his day to throw between starts? Or will it be Verlander - Porcello - Fister or Scherzer

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
P_Manning 18 said:
nborton said:
markakis8 said:

Will Scherzer be ready for game 2 on Sunday? He threw an inning a 1/3rd tonight with 32 pitches. Is this basically his day to throw between starts? Or will it be Verlander - Porcello - Fister or Scherzer

I think it should have been. If it was he could be fine for game 2.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
markakis8 said:

I'd love to see that, but that would mean everyone pitching on 3 days rest starting with game 4. That probably isn't too feasible, given Leyland managing.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
My vote is obvious, but I think it should be a great series. Verlander Scherzer and Fister should get 2 starts if the series goes long. I think Verlander would love 3 starts but Leyland would probably be more likely not to send him 3 times.

The only downside might be Delmon's postseason bat. It's been great and he's been hot, but nn oblique strain is not good. He said last night he hopes to be ready on Saturday, but that might just be wishful thinking. We'll see.

As far as Wilson Betimet goes, I'd rather have Inge in there for every start.
Dombrowski made some great moves with Fister and Young this year but Betimet has done nothing with the bat and doesn't play 3rd as well as Inge.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Tigers in 6. Tigers/Cardinal rematch will have soooo many stories write themselves it'll make your head spin. If not the Cards, I'm hoping the Brewers will make it. Packers 4-0, Badgers in the top 5, and the Brewers in the Playoffs? Great time to be a sports fan in Wisconsin. Everybody is in such a good mood. Add in that we've had spectacular weather the past week, and life is great here.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Randy Shields said:
My vote is obvious, but I think it should be a great series. Verlander Scherzer and Fister should get 2 starts if the series goes long. I think Verlander would love 3 starts but Leyland would probably be more likely not to send him 3 times.

The only downside might be Delmon's postseason bat. It's been great and he's been hot, but nn oblique strain is not good. He said last night he hopes to be ready on Saturday, but that might just be wishful thinking. We'll see.

As far as Wilson Betimet goes, I'd rather have Inge in there for every start.
Dombrowski made some great moves with Fister and Young this year but Betimet has done nothing with the bat and doesn't play 3rd as well as Inge.

I would play Kelly at 3B over Inge, especially if Verlander is on the mound getting 8+ K's. I know you lose some glove with Inge out of the lineup but Kelly's bat is much better. Play Inge when ground ball pitchers like Porcello and Fister are pitching.

And don't let Raburn anywhere near 2B for the remainder of the post season. I wouldn't mind seeing Dirks get in the lineup as well.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
markakis8 said:

It wasn't on MLB.com, but I saw on a different site that Porcello is tentatively scheduled for game 2 after Verlander goes game 1. Pretty risky to give him the ball in such a pivotal game if you ask me, and I'm probably the biggest Porcello fan you'll find. The numbers don't lie, he just hasn't been that consistent this year. If he's on, they'll be fine, but if he's off, they better get him out of there quickly.

I'm saying the Tigers take it in 6. Mostly because with Verlander getting two starts, that's two games that Detroit has a very good chance to win..and the other Tiger starters would then just have to win 2 games out of 5 (at worst), which I think is very probable.

mikefrank

Jan 27, 2011
Porcello is starting Game 2 because Fister and Scherzer both threw in Game 5. The Fist started and Scherzer threw over 30, so likely Fister 3, Scherzer 4, Verlander 5, Tigers win.

Members online

Latest posts