Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dice-K Collectors Halloween Giveaway

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
I think one was deleted, but I edited the other one so it got deleted... So here it is again!

I would like to do a special giveaway, kinda like what cgilmo did last year (seeing how he's not giving away cards this year.)

I'm gonna need help with a few things though-

1. I have like 10 prizes, and I would like this to be a big thing, so I would need more prizes. I'm looking for a trustworthy middleman who can hold & ship the prizes (if needed I'll pay the person money for shipping.

2. I would also need help organizing the cards matching codes that I will edit my posts randomly with!

3. I need a trustworthy middleman to hold and ship all the prizes (I'll pay for shipping)

If you would like to donate prizes or help out, let me know !

If my post before this was deleted for a different reason, also, let me knowN
!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Dice-K Collector said:
How is this not a good idea?

The way I read it.

You want to have a giveaway but want others to do everything. Add cards, Ship the cards and come up with the codes for each card. And you will just do the threads and take all the credit?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":1kai47v9]How is this not a good idea?

The way I read it.

You want to have a giveaway but want others to do everything. Add cards, Ship the cards and come up with the codes for each card. And you will just do the threads and take all the credit?[/quote:1kai47v9]

And hopefully a freebie

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":33o5xydi]How is this not a good idea?

The way I read it.

You want to have a giveaway but want others to do everything. Add cards, Ship the cards and come up with the codes for each card. And you will just do the threads and take all the credit?[/quote:33o5xydi]

No I just want a PROGRAM to generate the codes and match them. I put that in the first thread. And I need a middle man because people might not trust a 15 year old to hold their cards. And I said I'd pay for shipping! And I would give credit where due:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I do think Dice-K Collector's intentions are sincere. He might not know the best way to go about it, but he's trying to be a helpful member on FCB.

Kevin, if you want to contribute, you may want to contact a mod. They may be planning something similar already to what was done last year. You could probably help that way and not have to worry about people not trusting you as a kid.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
WoundedDuck said:
I do think Dice-K Collector's intentions are sincere. He might not know the best way to go about it, but he's trying to be a helpful member on FCB.

Kevin, if you want to contribute, you may want to contact a mod. They may be planning something similar already to what was done last year. You could probably help that way and not have to worry about people not trusting you as a kid.

Tried contacting cgilmo, no response yet.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Dice-K Collector said:
WoundedDuck said:

Gilmore gets a ton of PMs. If I need to contact a mod or admin, I treat pm'ing him as a "last resort."

I would contact another mod or admin and see if they can help you. Gilmore did say that if they do the code hunt, all of the prizes will be gift cards.

Plus, your giveaway idea seems really huge. I would soften it up a bit and run a trivia contest or something that won't make your head spin.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
TBTwinsFan said:
Dice-K Collector said:
WoundedDuck said:

Gilmore gets a ton of PMs. If I need to contact a mod or admin, I treat pm'ing him as a "last resort."

I would contact another mod or admin and see if they can help you. Gilmore did say that if they do the code hunt, all of the prizes will be gift cards.

Plus, your giveaway idea seems really huge. I would soften it up a bit and run a trivia contest or something that won't make your head spin.

I'll have to think about this...

Members online

Latest posts