Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good deal on a Koufax auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure what these go for, but this seems reasonable: [ebay:3e99jrvg]230695399477[/ebay:3e99jrvg]

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Is about right consider is graded too. However, I think the auto have a little faded F letter so the card grade is mint but not the auto.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
schmidtfan20 said:
considering the print run of the card and the sig, I think you overpaid.

Kevin

If he'd already bought it then the auction would no longer be active ::facepalm::

Print run on these is useless; they were a redemption available by sending in the Billy Williams auto. No telling how many were actually redeemed.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'd say since it's graded and the auto more or less looks nice it'd be pretty nice to get it at around $125 or so, definitely my least favorite Koufax cert auto :cool:

nolmtz99

Oct 24, 2011
Long Island, NY
championMan said:
a raw copy sold for 152.20
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260883144587
So the graded version IMO is much more desirable.

The version in that auction is the one you could pull in a pack. The version he is talking about is the redemption version, as previously stated. The redemption has him in the LA Dodgers Uniform, this is the more sought after card being that it was redemption only and there is no verification how many were redeemed. I recently purchsed the "LA" version for $149.99 ungraded, that was the lowest I have seen the card posted on ebay in a very long time, so I snatched it up. Now on top of the good price, as I see it, I also had almost $30 in ebay bucks I used, so I ultimately paid $122 or so which is a crazy deal, in my opinion.

1844/2000
hpqscan0005.jpg

Yes mine has the auto issue as most do. I attribute that to a poor decision with the pen used as it relates to the finish on the card as well as not letting the ink dry fully before sleeving the card or putting it with other cards in a box.

Take care.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
schmidtfan20 said:
graded with a fading sig does not= better than a nice non graded card.

Guess it depends on what the OP or anyone bidding on the card wants. If that is "faded", I personally would much rather take that over a non-graded without that "fading".

Seems like a reasonable price to me, especially if it's something you want/need.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
nolmtz99 said:
championMan said:

The version in that auction is the one you could pull in a pack. The version he is talking about is the redemption version, as previously stated. The redemption has him in the LA Dodgers Uniform, this is the more sought after card being that it was redemption only and there is no verification how many were redeemed. I recently purchsed the "LA" version for $149.99 ungraded, that was the lowest I have seen the card posted on ebay in a very long time, so I snatched it up. Now on top of the good price, as I see it, I also had almost $30 in ebay bucks I used, so I ultimately paid $122 or so which is a crazy deal, in my opinion.

1844/2000
hpqscan0005.jpg

Yes mine has the auto issue as most do. I attribute that to a poor decision with the pen used as it relates to the finish on the card as well as not letting the ink dry fully before sleeving the card or putting it with other cards in a box.

Take care.

I thought it was the other way around. I thought the Brooklyn version was the one in packs. The LA version has a refractor like finish, doesnt it? Pretty sure that was the redemption.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
The auto on the card isn't gem mint, but it isn't as bad as many of the ones I've seen. I thought the LA Dodgers one was the rarer version than the Brooklyn Dodgers one. But not 100% sure

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
TomMurry said:
nolmtz99 said:
championMan said:

1844/2000
hpqscan0005.jpg

Take care.

I thought it was the other way around. I thought the Brooklyn version was the one in packs. The LA version has a refractor like finish, doesnt it? Pretty sure that was the redemption.

That's exactly what he said, Tom. :p
The auction he quoted is the Brooklyn version and he said the LA version was the redemption (which is what is in the OP).

Members online

Latest posts