Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

7 Cases of Leaf Valiant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
If you weren't following along on Twitter @BigBreakCards, here are the pictures from the break I just did.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/BowmanChromeAddict/2011 Leaf Valiant/?start=all

These were obviously the highlights:
ichiroorange.jpg
ichirogreen.jpg

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jaypers said:
From 1 to 10, how would you rate your overall break?

I'll go 9, because I could have been lucky and hit 3 Ichiro autos which would have easily locked this in as a 10. I can't complain at all, but the whole reason I broke this product was because the price point per card was awesome and I knew that by breaking in bulk I could minimize risk and assure myself that I could bring cost per card to around $5 or less. That is a no-lose scenario from what I knew of the product.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
If Adam isnt interested and you want to sell them(Mahtook) as a lot, plmk.

EDIT - Didnt realize that I had made offers on all of them to you this morning on ebay ;)

A_Pharis

MojoDan said:
If Adam isnt interested and you want to sell them(Mahtook) as a lot, plmk.

EDIT - Didnt realize that I had made offers on all of them to you this morning on ebay ;)

Yeah, I went back and checked out his auctions and made offers. May the best man win, sir! (uses l33t h4xx0r skills to get into Dan's ebay account and cancels all offers)

A_Pharis

BowmanChromeAddict said:
C'mon boys, you gotta bring it on those offers. These are bulk lots. :)

I'm a casual collector. I didn't mean to make it seem lowball... I actually offered a few dollars more than I BIN'd one for last night (Though it was undervalued).

Dan will likely bring a better offer.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
A_Pharis said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

I'm a casual collector. I didn't mean to make it seem lowball... I actually offered a few dollars more than I BIN'd one for last night (Though it was undervalued).

I don't think either of you guys are making lowball offers, I understand what you're thinking. Ultimately I've got some buyers that see the value in bulk and some that don't quite see it the way I do. Should you (you general, not you specific) really expect me to sell a 7 card lot for the same price that a single sells for times 7 without factoring at all what buying 7 singles would cost?

My theory: If card X sells for $3 plus $3 for shipping, the cost to the buyer is $6. If I'm selling a 7 card lot, don't offer me $3 x 7 = $21 plus shipping. If I didn't exist and you wanted 7 cards, you'd be forced to buy 1 at a time and your cost would be $6 x 7 = $42. The only question is where is the fair amount in the middle of those 2 offers.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
...and that is absolutely fine. Now from the buyers view who wouldnt want a discount for offering to save you the trouble of mailing out to 7 different people, and the time/fees associated with each transaction etc? (Thats why so many people like to buy in bulk)

This is the big difference in this situation (which you arent aware of because its different for us, and that is 100% okay). Adam and I collect LSU players. This wouldnt be a lot to flip for us. This would just be something we sat on in our collections for a long time, or traded for other LSU players in my case.

Again. I looked at closing prices, matched them, and it isnt good enough in this case. I have ZERO problem with that. They are your cards and I hope you get every penny that you want for them.

Maybe someone will even hit the BIN or offer you double what they end at? The point I am trying to make is those are people that might want to flip them at some point, not PC them ya know? ;)

Either way. I have no problem with your logic, just trying to show you what my view is.
:)

A_Pharis

BowmanChromeAddict said:
A_Pharis said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

I don't think either of you guys are making lowball offers, I understand what you're thinking. Ultimately I've got some buyers that see the value in bulk and some that don't quite see it the way I do. Should you (you general, not you specific) really expect me to sell a 7 card lot for the same price that a single sells for times 7 without factoring at all what buying 7 singles would cost?

My theory: If card X sells for $3 plus $3 for shipping, the cost to the buyer is $6. If I'm selling a 7 card lot, don't offer me $3 x 7 = $21 plus shipping. If I didn't exist and you wanted 7 cards, you'd be forced to buy 1 at a time and your cost would be $6 x 7 = $42. The only question is where is the fair amount in the middle of those 2 offers.

Except you are basically saying that you would expect $3 + $3 shipping to net you more than $3 for the sale. You see.. eBay states in its TOS that shipping is to go towards shipping cost of supply and postage. It specifically says that S&H does NOT include the time you take to pack it, drive to the PO or gas (and whatnot). If you were honoring eBay's system of S&H charges, then you would acknowledge that paying $3 + $3 SH each would be exactly the same as paying $3 x 7 card + SH since the monetary value per card would be $3 in either case. I mean - I'm all for people making money, but your explanation just says we should pay you more per card since we don't have to pay separate shipping. In reality, as Dan has pointed out, selling them slightly lower as a lot saves you around $0.60 per on postage + the chance of having to pay more gas on multiple PO trips, etc.

Not holding it against you or chiding you in any way, but I hope you go back and read what you wrote.

A_Pharis

I just read your counteroffer on eBay.

"Seller message: I have a $15 per offer through FCB. Would you like to counter?"

No... but thanks.

Edit: Wow, that sounded harsh. I want to say that you are allowed to want whatever amount for any reason for the items you are selling. Just so that's clear. :ugeek:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
A_Pharis said:
I just read your counteroffer on eBay.

"Seller message: I have a $15 per offer through FCB. Would you like to counter?"

No... but thanks.

Edit: Wow, that sounded harsh. I want to say that you are allowed to want whatever amount for any reason for the items you are selling. Just so that's clear. :ugeek:

What's harsh? Your comment "No...but thanks?" Or your earlier accusation that I was violating eBay's Terms of Service?

Ultimately I respect your opinion, I just feel differently about it. I don't think anything I wrote violated eBay's TOS. I simply said that if you wanted 7 cards you'd have to buy 7 separate auctions so your landed cost was $42. I'm suggesting that for that reason, my 7 card bulk lot is worth more per card than buying a single card sold for without factoring in the shipping of that card.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
If you are buying auctions on ebay and win multiples isnt the norm .50 extra an auction with a 5.00 cap on costs to the buyer.

I love buying in bulk I also sell in bulk too you gotta agree to a happy median.