Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTF TOPPS ?!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
So I redeemed my Marquee Hank Aaron card when I figured out that there were only ten made. I received it today. See the scan below. That is exactly how they sent it. NO toploader. NO cardboard. A flimsy NON-PADDED envelope with a huge card inside. Fortunately, it was not "damaged". The corners are not the sharpest, but overall it looks fine. I'm so pissed right now. Should I complain?

File4.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
When I got one of my diamond cut cards from Topps, it was a thick card crammed into a toploader that was about 3 sizes too small... Had to get a razor and cut it out... ::facepalm::

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
The card arrived ok without being damaged. I probably wouldn't complain because there isn't anything to complain about.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
yrocks2001 said:
The card arrived ok without being damaged. I probably wouldn't complain because there isn't anything to complain about.

For the most part, it was not damaged. The corners aren't perfect, but I can live with it. But... if they send my Ozzie Smith this way and it gets bent. I will be pissed.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
scottagibson said:
yrocks2001 said:

For the most part, it was not damaged. The corners aren't perfect, but I can live with it. But... if they send my Ozzie Smith this way and it gets bent. I will be pissed.

If people don't complain, then how do things get fixed? You shouldn't complain to gain something, other thanhopefully changing their future processes.

skrip

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
ballerskrip said:
If people don't complain, then how do things get fixed? You shouldn't complain to gain something, other thanhopefully changing their future processes.

skrip

+1

Let them know they need to improve their shipping practices. The fact that the card wasn't damaged is pure luck.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
Thank god I got my Colby Rasmus Marquee auto redemption in a padded envelope, toploader (with a taped top) and shipped certified. Forget Aaron, that would've been a tragedy!

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
For cards like that, Topps should be shipping like they do their Topps Vault items. In a one touch, in a ziplock baggie, in a foam padded bag, in a box. Granted they're getting at least $9.99 +s&h for the Topps Vault items they sell, but they just made how much on the box that Aaron came from?

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
hell, they shipped my vintage and diamond cuts in correct and nice new toploaders. they must not deem the aaron to be of that value or importance :lol:

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Topps should have the same policy for all of the cards they ship out. The reason I don't think complaining would be very beneficial is that they don't always send out cards unprotected like this so you'd probably get a generic response and a false feeling of satisfaction (I don't think there would be any policy changes based on your complaint).

I'd be mad that it didn't come protected but I'd get over it after seeing how amazing of a card it is.

27andcounting

Jul 27, 2011
thats how they've shipped my last couple of redemptions. I think they're trying to save as much money as possible, with the crappy shipping, plain white cardboard redemptions instead of the old blue ones they used to use. they just want to make as much money as possible the majority of people that work for topps couldn't care less about cards

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
Just received my Freddie Freeman auto today... if they can put him in a toploader, I would have to think Hank Aaron would qualify for one too... I have to think Hank's auto cost a bit more for Topps to acquire as well...

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Probably a mistake by some minimum wage New Yorker...but I think it's still worth a phone call to Topps to say, "hey, what the **** is this?"

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
for those who are upset, do something about it. Everyone calls for class action suits but nothing ever happens. No one wants to pay for a lawyer.

pick a product and boycott it. Get enough people to jump on board and it will cause changes. With current events call it "occupy topps". Pick a product in the future (2012 bowman chrome or anything else that is a big market item) and create a facebook page. Come up with a list of demands.

promote that face book page to all your collector friends and get them to promote it to their friends. Get them to agree to not buy that one product (boxes or singles) for 5 years. When the people who buy cases or the distributors get burned, they will start complaining. Assuming it happens early enough, the people who buy cases and the distributors will catch on and do very little buy in. Topps will get the note and start to change. Get enough people involved, and a community can change the industry.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
bouwob said:
for those who are upset, do something about it. Everyone calls for class action suits but nothing ever happens. No one wants to pay for a lawyer.

pick a product and boycott it. Get enough people to jump on board and it will cause changes. With current events call it "occupy topps". Pick a product in the future (2012 bowman chrome or anything else that is a big market item) and create a facebook page. Come up with a list of demands.

promote that face book page to all your collector friends and get them to promote it to their friends. Get them to agree to not buy that one product (boxes or singles) for 5 years. When the people who buy cases or the distributors get burned, they will start complaining. Assuming it happens early enough, the people who buy cases and the distributors will catch on and do very little buy in. Topps will get the note and start to change. Get enough people involved, and a community can change the industry.

edit:nevermind

Members online

Latest posts