Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Hosmer Auto Live?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
The fact he puts "In Hand" in the listing alludes to a redemption(redeemed).

Not sure if they are packed out in boxes, but I thought they were not.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No, these were redemptions.

Now, someone explain to me why they don't have the "1st Bowman Chrome" logo.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
No, these were redemptions.

Now, someone explain to me why they don't have the "1st Bowman Chrome" logo.

That was the first thing I noticed too, besides the crappy signature.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
You would think they could hire an intern/temp for a couple weeks at minimum wage and document some system (excel etc) of figuring out who and who hasnt had a 1st chrome/bowman card of the guys they are printing.

The fact that guys can have 2 or 3 cards with the 1st logo on it, and totally leave it off guys whose actual first chrome is beyond me...

koal

Aug 7, 2008
why no refractors or x-fractors? have they ever not included refractors of any other player?

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Topps is just getting painful... the two 'prospect type' sets that come out within a month of each other... and they can't use a different picture... and it was a REDEMPTION?

hosmer.jpg

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
This is the EXACT reason we need Leaf/Donruss or whoever back to getting a license. All you chrome lovers need to start realizing having just one company is ruining the hobby

Full disclosure: I am a big fan of the Elite Diecuts - especially the Blues

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
marterburn said:
koal said:
why no refractors or x-fractors? have they ever not included refractors of any other player?

Hosmer, lawrie, turner, and ackley were sp to about 500-750 total cards. So the refractor would be redundant. No xfractors at all this year, except the usa ones and the green retail

Redundant or not, I have seen dozens of base auto redemptions for Lawire, many Blues few golds and oranges, but a single refractor. Even if they are SP, still need the refractor. Why not put it in there? It is part of the set, but apparently there won't be a refractor of them.

~AJ

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
ArtVandelay said:
You would think they could hire an intern/temp for a couple weeks at minimum wage and document some system (excel etc) of figuring out who and who hasnt had a 1st chrome/bowman card of the guys they are printing.

The fact that guys can have 2 or 3 cards with the 1st logo on it, and totally leave it off guys whose actual first chrome is beyond me...

People really should know enough about any card without having to rely on a silly logo to tell them.

The people who don't know anything about a card or always rely on logos to tell them about a card aren't really true collectors anyway, are they?

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
lambert58 said:
This is the EXACT reason we need Leaf/Donruss or whoever back to getting a license. All you chrome lovers need to start realizing having just one company is ruining the hobby

Full disclosure: I am a big fan of the Elite Diecuts - especially the Blues

Topps, Bowman are King.. I could care less if pictures are the same. We have a Bowman coming, we don;t like other than Topps, Bowman...We Feel people are just greedy and looking make $$ off low level prospect cards. We love Topps they can do what they do, it does not matter to us..

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
uniquebaseballcards said:
ArtVandelay said:

People really should know enough about any card without having to rely on a silly logo to tell them.

The people who don't know anything about a card or always rely on logos to tell them about a card aren't really true collectors anyway, are they?

I believe it has to do more with the fact that Bowman is a very important set in the Hobby world; and continuous mediocrity, and ambiguity in this set is a matter relating to principle (keeping this set's high reputation), rather than the casual collector's confusion.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Superfractor said:
ArtVandelay said:

I believe it has to do more with the fact that Bowman is a very important set in the Hobby world; and continuous mediocrity, and ambiguity in this set is a matter relating to principle (keeping this set's high reputation), rather than the casual collector's confusion.

This is another reason why the logo simply doesn't need to exist to begin with - there'd be less mediocrity and ambiguity in Bowman.

The logo just isn't that important. People aren't buying or collecting logos...or rather they shouldn't be.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
Superfractor said:
ArtVandelay said:

This is another reason why the logo simply doesn't need to exist to begin with - there'd be less mediocrity and ambiguity in Bowman.

The logo just isn't that important. People aren't buying or collecting logos...or rather they shouldn't be.

Love big words, please elaborate....lol

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Superfractor said:
ArtVandelay said:

The consensus says otherwise- when the Matt Moore au., or the Ackley 2nd-Year blue prospect au. came out for example. I consider this an issue significant enough to find annoyance in (and so do others). It isn't a deciding factor when making a purchase - it isn't for me, but a valid issue to bring up. I agree the logo shouldn't be, or perhaps simply have a universal "Bowman Chrome" logo.

Members online

Latest posts