Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what the hell is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukbrian2011

Oct 3, 2011
Kentucky
I saw a Murphy card like this about a month ago. It didn't sell and I'm pretty sure it's a card made by the seller. I may be wrong though.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Fail just surrounds that card. Interesting idea, bad execution, and the gratuitous 1/1 stamp makes it even worse. I'm going to bet that any Cabrera collector would rather have the card they cut up than this thing.

ukbrian2011

Oct 3, 2011
Kentucky
I have a rare 1/1 1982 Fleer that I drew over his eyebrows and gave him a stach when I was 10 if anyone wants to give me a 100 bucks for it. :D

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It's a custom card made to look like a pack pulled 1/1 - created by the guy who does the blank 'autograph cards' for in-person / TTM collectors.

I'm probably wrong but a long time ago someone was selling sheets of Miguel Cabrera autographed stickers - supposedly from the Fleer liquidation - I assume the seller got the autographs that way or perhaps he took it from a cheap certified sticker auto card of Cabrera.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Its a nice looking card and seems as good as what any manufacturer could make. If all someone wants is an auto, here's one.

If anything it seems the same/similar to what Leaf offers with the mail-in PSA thing.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
miguelcabrera said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miguel-Cabrera-Cut-Signature-Ticket-Card-1-1-AUTO-Detroit-Tigers-/370559242417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56470d50b1
That's an ebay auction link. If you click it, it takes you to an ebay auction. Thought you would know what they were by now. ;) :lol:

If they were something done with a player image and had a "professional card" feel, it would be cool. Just putting the sticker in a generic frame doesn't do it for me. Of course they can't do the imaging because of licensing. I guess if the people are buying, keep producing.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Guy is smart. The original goal of the card was to have them on hand in case your at a game and someone like Craig Biggio is in the stands. During Cubs Instructs, people were getting Wayne Gretzy on them.

http://www.theautographcard.com/

Nothing is more frustrating then attending Instructs and having the guy in front of you drop 25 of these cards on a player. I have had several players tell me that get them TTM and keep them. One player said he writes down his cellphone number on them and gives them out to chicks while on the road.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I dont under stand why they are so expensive. It would take a photoshop novice to create the designs and then you could likely get 1000 printed up for less than $100. If I did ttm, I think I would make them myself.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
19braves77 said:
Its why I say the guy is smart. He probably makes more then someone of you prospecting.

some, not all

And you have to figure in the many hours he spends chasing autographs. I know tons of chasers, and it isn't something you can do without serious dedication.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
cgilmo said:
19braves77 said:
Its why I say the guy is smart. He probably makes more then someone of you prospecting.

some, not all

And you have to figure in the many hours he spends chasing autographs. I know tons of chasers, and it isn't something you can do without serious dedication.

I was mainly talking about getting people to buy into the concept that they cant produce these cards at home by themselves. Throw in then selling the autographs like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390356799288

The guy is smart.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts