Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tips for scanning superfractors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I was able to pick up a superfractor and it came in the mail today. Everytime I try to scan it, it comes out really dull/dark looking. Any tips with adjusting settings? I use a HP photosmart C4280 all-in-one to scan cards, but I should probably get an actually scanner I guess. Here's what I got

Image145-1-1.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
When I have a card like that, I take a digital pic instead and crop, etc in photoshop.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
yeah, your scan is def. coming out dull...doh!

i use canon 5600F and love it. i only have a problem scanning gold refractors, though... :oops:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CS5600F-Col ... 767&sr=8-1

on sale for $89

if you check out scans from fcb member Superfractor :lol: , his scans pop too. not sure what scanner he uses, though...

here's a sample from my scanner

IMG-2.jpg

i'd def. sell a brown bus 9.5, and use the funds to invest in a scanner :cool: :p

dave

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
alright, I played around with the settings a little bit and got a better scan. The circles of the superfractor pattern definitely pop out much better. Here you go

Image146.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Turn it sideways. Seriously, if a refractor seems off color or doesn't catch the light, turn it 90 degrees and scan again. This helps a lot, even though it seems like such a small thing.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
Turn it sideways. Seriously, if a refractor seems off color or doesn't catch the light, turn it 90 degrees and scan again. This helps a lot, even though it seems like such a small thing.
As crazy as it sounds it does work.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Prop one side of the card up a smidge that will get it to pop.

I advocate using the canoscan8800f

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Well done, I may have to try those tricks for those "types" of "dark" superfractors. I scanned this sideways, in 600DPI. Let me know what trick you used.

TylerAndersonBowmanPlatinumSuperfractorTripleAutoofOne.jpg

I just can't get these to pop like my others-- example:

2011BowmanChromeRobScahillBaseSuperfractorofOne.jpg

Topps usually implements the former superfractor hue with base, and the more-vibrant with autographed ones. To tell you the truth, I'd rather all their superfractors be like the latter one (which they have thus far, in 2011).

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
OP: Awesome Mahtook!

Thanks, I got it for a pretty good price so I'll hang onto it and hopefully both players can play well. To get my scan to pop out better I increased the brightness and moved the location of the card to a different spot on the scanner. For some reason, the light is brighter and reflects off the card better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts