Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What happens to Hanley Ramirez cards if Reyes is a Marlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
Do his cards tank way down?
Why would they tank way down? This is quite a reach.

I could understand asking what happens to Reyes cards, but why are Hanley's going to tank?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hail2thevictors said:
mwashuc06 said:
Do his cards tank way down?
Why would they tank way down? This is quite a reach.

I could understand asking what happens to Reyes cards, but why are Hanley's going to tank?

b/c at SS and in his prime, hanley was a great talent. at 3rd base and his slowly declining numbers, he is simply an average third basemen ala hank blalock in the mid 2000s etc

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Hanley's cards are already pretty low for a guy with his talent. If Reyes signs with Miami, that should only help Hanley's hitting, as he'll usually have someone on base in front of him that makes pitchers nervous, and therefore should see more hittable fastballs. Only way Hanley's cards tank is if he sucks in 2012. Reyes' cards on the other hand, will take a dramatic hit.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
If Jose Reyes is signed by the Marlins will Logan Morrison's card values go up, or will he be sent to AAA?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
manramcollecpartdeux said:
miguelcabrera said:
thegreathambino said:
What about Reyes prices?

they should increase imo. i believe they are at pretty close to an all time low now, as he and wright havnt had the success they were having in the mid 2000s

Reyes just came off of his best season so yeah...

im talking in general the success of the mets overall organization

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I don't buy too many cards to flip later, but this is one. With Jeter on the downside of this career and Hanley future looking iffy, I am thinking I should have invested the cash someplace else. It does not help that I don't really like either of these guys anyway!

photo10-e13212248616861.jpg

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I am still surprised that he was not traded after that silly demotion. I would love the Indians to make a move...trade some of the million bullpen arms we have bouncing around the minors. Hafner is trending south fast, and I don't want to trust Shelly Duncan to pick up the slack.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I agree with those who've said that Hanley's cards will move based on his performance. He had a really rough season this past year, and that knocked down prices significantly. If he can show that he is still an elite player (and having Reyes in the line-up should only help) prices will rebound. I think right now people may be wondering if his career could head the way of Nomar's, great for a short time, and then an early decline.

With Reyes, his prices have been held down by the assumption he was leaving New York. Florida is not exactly a great place for the hobby, so if he signs there I could see them dropping a bit more.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Brett Keith said:
vwnut13 said:
If Jose Reyes is signed by the Marlins will Logan Morrison's card values go up, or will he be sent to AAA?

Been a lot of rumors that he'll be traded.

Note anything credible.

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/florida-ma ... rlins-rays

"Morrison is untouchable and would only be available in a deal for James Shields."

I think with the new stadium and the new manager Logan Morrison is going to stick around for good, there is really no reason to trade him. He is a high on base percentage guy with solid power from a corner outfield guy. Morrison has been at the forefront of all the new stadium and uniform unveiling. Don't think there is any chance he gets traded. I think outfield of Morrison-Cespedes-Stanton would be awesome.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Zymco said:
Brett Keith said:
vwnut13 said:

Been a lot of rumors that he'll be traded.

Note anything credible.

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/florida-ma ... rlins-rays

"Morrison is untouchable and would only be available in a deal for James Shields."

I think with the new stadium and the new manager Logan Morrison is going to stick around for good, there is really no reason to trade him. He is a high on base percentage guy with solid power from a corner outfield guy. Morrison has been at the forefront of all the new stadium and uniform unveiling. Don't think there is any chance he gets traded. I think outfield of Morrison-Cespedes-Stanton would be awesome.

Just said there were rumors. Of course, the article above says an executive, not a Marlins executive. I don't think they should trade him, unless they get a really good pitcher. A lineup starting out...

Jose Reyes
Logan Morrison
Hanley Ramirez
Mike Stanton
Gaby Sanchez

...sounds pretty good. Throw in Cespedes and likely better years from Infante and Buck, and that's a pretty good lineup

Members online

Latest posts