Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Limited...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ll11_24.jpg

Wonder when the metal version of this is coming out...

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150779&hilit=Leaf+limited[/url]" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote:2sx0mfdd]

That explains it. I was out of town Friday and Saturday.

Thx

And for Adamsince1981.... :grouphug:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150779&hilit=Leaf+limited[/url]" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote:384z2t8h]

That explains it. I was out of town Friday and Saturday.

Thx

And for Adamsince1981.... :grouphug:[/quote:384z2t8h]

No, no, let's fight about it! :D

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe Jeff was too busy with a job and real life stuff to read every single thread on a message board on Thanksgiving weekend

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Thanks, JH.

ALready got my requisite curse-out, insulting PM of the day from Brian, so it's all good.

THe thing is, these are great cheap cards to give to the players when they're signing and give to kids who are getting the player's autograph so they can 1) follow the player and 2) enjoy baseball cards (assuming there's worthwhile info on the back).

If there were more Phillies, I'd buy more, give them to my son to get an auto on and give the rest to the players or the kids around him trying to get autos of that player during minor league games.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Bob Loblaw said:
Thanks, JH.

THe thing is, these are great cheap cards to give to the players when they're signing and give to kids who are getting the player's autograph so they can 1) follow the player and 2) enjoy baseball cards (assuming there's worthwhile info on the back).

If there were more Phillies, I'd buy more, give them to my son to get an auto on and give the rest to the players or the kids around him trying to get autos of that player during minor league games.

Why not say that in your first posting?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":1c42rdgz]Thanks, JH.

Why not say that in your first posting?[/quote:1c42rdgz]
That's not his style.

His MO is phony inquisitive with a layer of delayed venom glossed with a sour coating of innocence. Often followed with some sort of pat of his own back.

He has some bizarre infatuation with creating and stirring pots with all things Razor/Leaf/BG. I'm beginning to think that Brian and Jeff grew up together, and Brian once traded away a mint Ricky Jordan Topps rookie card and Jeff gave him a 1973 Schmidt.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":1x4fjtxl]Thanks, JH.

Why not say that in your first posting?[/quote:1x4fjtxl]

Because I didn't know what Leaf Limited was.

And I legitimitely thought it'd be another Metal / Metal auto set. Just like Ali Metal, 2008 Signature Series Metal, and the inevitable Rose Metal ( :) - j/k - don't send me another profanity laden PM Brian!).

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Bob Loblaw said:
[quote="George_Calfas":jqnp7ngb][quote="Bob Loblaw":jqnp7ngb]Thanks, JH.

Why not say that in your first posting?[/quote:jqnp7ngb]

Because I didn't know what Leaf Limited was.

And I legitimitely thought it'd be another Metal / Metal auto set. Just like Ali Metal, 2008 Signature Series Metal, and the inevitable Rose Metal ( :) - j/k - don't send me another profanity laden PM Brian!).[/quote:jqnp7ngb]

I do have to say, you're being a bit more subtle is your attempts to bait...

Well done sir!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
200lbhockeyplayer said:
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":3vmmiko1]Thanks, JH.

Why not say that in your first posting?
That's not his style.

His MO is phony inquisitive with a layer of delayed venom glossed with a sour coating of innocence. Often followed with some sort of pat of his own back.

He has some bizarre infatuation with creating and stirring pots with all things Razor/Leaf/BG. I'm beginning to think that Brian and Jeff grew up together, and Brian once traded away a mint Ricky Jordan Topps rookie card and Jeff gave him a 1973 Schmidt.[/quote:3vmmiko1]

Wow, you really think I'm far deeper than I really am. With only two manufacturers putting out cards, I'd like to criticize and laud both. BDP is a horrible product on so many levels, but everyone's already made their points there (note that no one is getting bashed for bashing Topps). I do like the fact that the back of the USA cards are red white and blue. I critiziced the design of Valiant, the timing of both products, and the idea to include a barely-announced parallel /25 in a new product. I also said plenty of good things about the Leaf Metal product.

I don't count Panini or that horrendous ITG crap.

Anyway, I'm done criticizing Leaf's products and I don't want to debate about the /25 purple parallel anymore. I just saw this new product, did a brief search on FCB, didn't see a post, and didn't know if it was a promo or a new set or just the cheap base crap that Leaf's flooding one seller with. Nothing wrong with cheap base crap; it has a niche.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Bob Loblaw said:
Wow, you really think I'm far deeper than I really am. With only two manufacturers putting out cards, I'd like to criticize and laud both. BDP is a horrible product on so many levels, but everyone's already made their points there (note that no one is getting bashed for bashing Topps).

I don't count Panini or that horrendous ITG crap.

People already making points has never stopped you before...

I agree on ITG but you really don't count Elite? It is a lot more relevant prospect product than the Leaf stuff is due to track record alone.

Members online

Latest posts