Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bidding Strategy Poll

Which do you do?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Just wondering what people do when there is a card listed with a BIN price and a bidding option, where the BIN price is about market price for the card, but toward the higher end of market value (i.e., if a card sells for 40-50 dollars, the BIN price is 50). Do you hit the BIN and ensure victory at market price immediately? Or do you bid and hope to get a better deal (but risk losing the card and/or possibly even buying it for more than the original BIN)?

Doesn't really matter one way or the other, just kinda curious about other people's bidding strategies.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
More often than not I will bid. On a few occasions I hit the BIN, but that hasn't happened too often.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
wideright said:
More often than not I will bid. On a few occasions I hit the BIN, but that hasn't happened too often.

yeah i feel the same way..depending on what it is. Usually I'll just bid cuz I know that even if I don't get a much better deal, it 95% of the time won't go higher than the original BIN price anyway.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Well there was an alderson blue with starting bid 59.99 and BIN 65. I didn't hit the BIN and put a bid, it went for 97...and the last two got 89 and 77. They should be 65 sv right now, but i kinda raised the price on accident, oops...lesson learn, hit the BIN.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Bottom line is I'm a bargain shopper. Not a cheap ass, but just like getting a deal.
Even if I only saved $2 from the previous sale, I still feel thrilled.
So bidding is the way to go. I can't get it at bargain price, i'll wait it out until I can.

Rare PC cards. Depends on what it is. BIN or BId. Every card is different.

Members online

Latest posts