Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLK Day Mansfield pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Another good show up in Mansfield. Of course the dealer I was relying on to bring his Topps and Bowman Heritage singles didn't bring them, but still picked up lots of good stuff. I knew it would be a good day when the first box I looked through had a huge pile of 1996 Score APs for 10¢ each :D

Cain is 52/52. Lowrie is /25. That Clemens is from the really tough 1990 Score Pepsi Red Sox release (glued in cartons, short promo, rarely found in good shape).

img490.jpg

Puckett sticker is from 1985. Tejada is /50.

img491.jpg

That's a Silver Back Sandberg Electric Diamond. Crosby /50. Tino is a Gold AP /100, only Gold AP I've come across.

img492.jpg

Maddux and Sheffield RCs are Tiffanys. Canseco Black Gold is a Preview. Neagle looks so young when he's not picking up hookers.

img494.jpg

Myers is /10. Renteria is /25.

img495.jpg

Got some great PC stuff, too, didn't scan that yet. All this stuff is available (except the 75 Ryan Highlights); I know a few people might be into some of these :D

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Nice pickup on the '91 Pepsi/Score Clemens. I had a Burks but lost it somehow. I was at the show, as well. Didn't find anything I needed for my Burks collection. I was counting on the dealer who usually sets up parallel to the stage to have some oddball Sox stuff, but he wasn't there. I managed to pick up a T210 as I walked in, however.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
jay1065 said:
Nice pickup on the '91 Pepsi/Score Clemens. I had a Burks but lost it somehow. I was at the show, as well. Didn't find anything I needed for my Burks collection. I was counting on the dealer who usually sets up parallel to the stage to have some oddball Sox stuff, but he wasn't there. I managed to pick up a T210 as I walked in, however.

I had a ton of both the 1990 and 1991 Pepsi sets, my mom bought the Pepsi 24-packs just for the cards (she was good at feeding my addiction when I was a kid!). Those regional issues are nightmares for player collectors; if you're not fairly close to where they came out, you may never see them.

There was a dealer that had a Burks IP auto (I wanna say a 1992 UD) in his $3/4 for $10 box. I don't really trust IP autos from shows, but it looked like a nice piece. A few months back I picked up a nice T205 for $5, gonna bet you paid a whole more than that for a T210!

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
DeliciousBacon said:
jay1065 said:

I had a ton of both the 1990 and 1991 Pepsi sets, my mom bought the Pepsi 24-packs just for the cards (she was good at feeding my addiction when I was a kid!). Those regional issues are nightmares for player collectors; if you're not fairly close to where they came out, you may never see them.

There was a dealer that had a Burks IP auto (I wanna say a 1992 UD) in his $3/4 for $10 box. I don't really trust IP autos from shows, but it looked like a nice piece. A few months back I picked up a nice T205 for $5, gonna bet you paid a whole more than that for a T210!

I saw two of the Pepsi Burks cards before I lost my copy....none since then. Someday. :) The T210 wasn't bad, only $20. The tag said $45. I asked the dealer if I could look at it, and before I made an offer, he said $20.

Members online

Latest posts