Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to ruin a prospect ask the Phillies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
This has been happening for years. An softball umpire in our area who was drafted by the Yankees back in the 40's told me that the Yankees use to hoard tons of amazing players. He said that he played with guys better than Mantle, Maris, Dimaggio and so on. This guy had great stories and the fact that he was in his 80's and still playing softball was amazing.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
jrinne said:
This has been happening for years. An softball umpire in our area who was drafted by the Yankees back in the 40's told me that the Yankees use to hoard tons of amazing players. He said that he played with guys better than Mantle, Maris, Dimaggio and so on.

No offense to the poster, but I find this absolutely laughable.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Maybe it isn't the Phillies fault. Maybe Dom Brown should perform a little better up with the big club so they don't need to sign guys like Juan Pierre to be anything more than a backup.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
He needs the time in AAA. I wouldn't call giving a guy a chance to figure it out "ruining" them.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I'd saying ruining him would be bringing him back up the Bigs to hit .200 with no power, what exactly has he done at the MLB-level to make you think he's even close to holding down a corner OF spot for a contender?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ThanksTopps.jpg

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Come on people.... when you have a chrome card you know he is an awesome player.... so he hit .245 in the bigs last year ... its a chrome rookie card.

Members online

Latest posts