Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there a holder/case that fit the Retired Ring cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I was lucky enough to pull a Gehrig Retired Ring card. I have not seen a card this thick in the past. It won't fit in a 180 PT toploader. I would put this card at 200-220 PT. Do they even make a 200-220 PT loader?

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
ChasHawk said:
THANKS TOPPS!

Seriously though...I figured from pictures that they were 180pt or less.
That's kind of annoying for getting them shipped safely.
That was my next question. How do you ship this thing.

Dave, Thanks for the link. The one I have is damaged, so it is going back to Topps wrapped between a couple of base cards. I would not ship it that way to somebody who bought it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Erich said:
Dave, Thanks for the link. The one I have is damaged, so it is going back to Topps wrapped between a couple of base cards. I would not ship it that way to somebody who bought it.

Is there one that isn't damaged? ;) I pulled a Ruth and it had some edge "damage" - a place where you could see some white where the design was supposed to be black or some similar darker color.

I'll have to try my extra thick ultra pro toploader to see how the card fits as I don't recall what size Ultra Pro toploader I bought in the five pack for really thick cards. Hopefully it's thick enough to work so I don't have to find (or try from this thread's link) an even thicker toploader.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
rsmath said:
Erich said:

Is there one that isn't damaged? ;) I pulled a Ruth and it had some edge "damage" - a place where you could see some white where the design was supposed to be black or some similar darker color.

I'll have to try my extra thick ultra pro toploader to see how the card fits as I don't recall what size Ultra Pro toploader I bought in the five pack for really thick cards. Hopefully it's thick enough to work so I don't have to find (or try from this thread's link) an even thicker toploader.
This one's edge actually looks like it went into a grinder. The whole side of the card is chewed up with actual pieces of card missing.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Snap-cases work too. 25-35 card ones. That's how I'd ship anyway. I grab them when people sell beat-up one for $.25 at shows.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I checked today on the toploader since it was brought up early in the thread. My Ruth retired ring won't fit in my 180pt toploader (the largest one I have in my supplies) so I'll have to check on the larger size yet that was mentioned in this thread.

For now, it fits perfectly in a slim snap-tite case (I think it might be the 10 card size). I still would rather put it in a toploader because snap-tite cases can break and the shards damage the card or the case can open up and the card falls out.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I sold a Mantle and had to ship it..

It wouldn't fit in a 180pt one-touch..

So I shipped it in a snap case that hold about 20 cards.. I put the white filler cards on each side of it and then taped it.. Whoever is putting a set together, they will have a nice set for sure..

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
So I shipped it in a snap case that hold about 20 cards.. I put the white filler cards on each side of it and then taped it.. Whoever is putting a set together, they will have a nice set for sure..

I hope you shipped it in a cardboard box. Bubble mailer and plastic cases sometimes don't go well together. The seller sent a few of a 2001 Donruss release #/2001 SP'ed cards in a plastic case with filler cards at the top and bottom. The shards still managed to cut into the stack from the side and damaged the whole lot.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
rsmath said:
Pinbreaker said:

I hope you shipped it in a cardboard box. Bubble mailer and plastic cases sometimes don't go well together. The seller sent a few of a 2001 Donruss release #/2001 SP'ed cards in a plastic case with filler cards at the top and bottom. The shards still managed to cut into the stack from the side and damaged the whole lot.

I wrapped it in bubble wrap and mailed it in a large bubble mailer..

I send cards out the way I want them shipped to me.. :D

Members online

Latest posts