Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it annoying when your player in same set multiple times?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm not talking about having inserts and multiple game used, etc. I'm talking about more than one base card.

I'm sitting here sorting 2012 Topps and I'm amazed how many different BASE cards each player has. I mean Desmond Jennings has a base card #5 and #16. What is that about? I suppose one is to distinguish his "Topps All-Rookie Team" and the other one is just a base card. They used to have the "All-Rookie Team" cup on their one card and that was it. I noticed Kimbrel has more than one. Then all the World Series/Playoff, League Leaders, Active Leaders...Pujols probably has 20 cards alone in Series 1. Throw in all the parallels and it's crazy.

So does it annoy you when your guy is in the same set more than once?

EDIT: Kimbrel has THREE base cards by himself in 2012 Series 1 ::facepalm::

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I know Ben Revere has the same situation as Desmond Jennings as he has 2 cards in Series 1 this year. I can imagine that it might get annoying sometimes for bigger players like Pujols and maybe Jeter, but since I PC Denard Span I'm just happy when he gets anything new haha

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
TGutta said:
I know Ben Revere has the same situation as Desmond Jennings as he has 2 cards in Series 1 this year. I can imagine that it might get annoying sometimes for bigger players like Pujols and maybe Jeter, but since I PC Denard Span I'm just happy when he gets anything new haha

Maybe I should include set collectors in here as well. I can't imagine it's great to flip through your 9-page set binders and see the same player every other page. How about some variety?

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
A few base cards isn't too bad. They're easy enough to get. It's the 20 different parallels that come with those extra base cards. Especially Topps Chrome last year. Man that was a lot of different colors.

Members online