Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Are these really as rare as I have heard in the past. What has been your guy's experience with trying to find these? It's a 1995 Fleer Extra Bases Game Test Sample

95FleerExtraBasesGameTestSamples7BarryLarkin.jpg

95FleerExtraBasesGameTestSamples7BarryLarkinBack.jpg

I think that these are very tough to find......took me 2+ years to get Steve Taft to get the Frank Thomas gamebreaker card out of storage. I almost never see either of the Thomas cards at auction, but I just have this feeling that the slow trickle from Steve will continue for the next 5-10 years and then there will be no more. I've heard that there were 50-100 sets printed. The prices on these cards are surprisingly low for that level of rarity.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think that these are very tough to find......took me 2+ years to get Steve Taft to get the Frank Thomas gamebreaker card out of storage. I almost never see either of the Thomas cards at auction, but I just have this feeling that the slow trickle from Steve will continue for the next 5-10 years and then there will be no more. I've heard that there were 50-100 sets printed. The prices on these cards are surprisingly low for that level of rarity.

Probably been 6 months since I've seen a Maddux, but before that, I would see them relatively regularly.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky

Now that I think about it - I think Taft sounds like the name of the guy I bought mine from a few years back The price wasn't too bad either - I believe it was only a little over book.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Well, at least now I've seen one. :)

and that ya have, looked thur my box, thinkin might still be there, but nada :(
I also picked up and sent out 1993 IOOSS jumbos too, I bumped my head real bad a few years back and usta be a nice guy............. hehe

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I also picked up and sent out 1993 IOOSS jumbos too, I bumped my head real bad a few years back and usta be a nice guy............. hehe

At least there's hope. :(

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky

Those IOOSS Jumbos aren't that east to find anymore either considering there is 10,000 copies of them

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
FlairMasterpieces001.jpg

I picked these ones up this past week. Not really sure on how good a deal I got but the Row 0 Masterpieces are one of my favorite cards ever made.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
um, nice! PM sent on the Pedro :)

R udyGayExquisite;1674130 said:
FlairMasterpieces001.jpg

I picked these ones up this past week. Not really sure on how good a deal I got but the Row 0 Masterpieces are one of my favorite cards ever made.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Just remembered I still had this from a lot 12 of Grand Finales I bought back in 2000 (paid $5 each -- all were low demand guys). This is the only 1 I have left from that lot since it has some back creases.

005-5-1.jpg

005-5-b.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Thanks for sharing the Pic - I love those cards! If anyone ever comes across a Larkin Grand Finale, please pick it up for me and I will compensate you well for it:D. It is on my top 5 most wanted list! Awesome Set - Even Todd Hundley looks good!

Just remembered I still had this from a lot 12 of Grand Finales I bought back in 2000 (paid $5 each -- all were low demand guys). This is the only 1 I have left from that lot since it has some back creases.

005-5-1.jpg

005-5-b.jpg

Members online

Latest posts