Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Welcome new sponsor Value My Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lincecumpc

Jul 7, 2011
Got a bigger version of your sig image? I'd love to see those patches!

I am sure that can be arranged. It is quite nice looking in person. :)

So how far back is the data you are extracting?

I heard of a company that will be using EBAY data for their database that will go back at least 10 years..

Welcome to FCB..

(I can't access your site do to the strict filters they have here at work.. so I will check when I get home..)

We do use eBay data as well, and as our site continues, we will have as much data as there is when we first started collecting the data. The links will be broken on the really old auctions, but the prices will be saved in our database. We started the process about a year ago.

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
Got a bigger version of your sig image? I'd love to see those patches!

Was fortunate enough to have my little blurb published in Beckett Supercollector section a couple years ago.

2009 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Classic Jumbo Patch Set
patchset1.jpg

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I sincerely hope you don't think a 1 month free trial is a waste. We are providing our service for free. All you need to sign up is a email and your name. We are NOT taking any payment information down. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

Like I've mentioned previously we have more data than what is currently shown. We are regular collectors like you, we have 9-5 jobs, families and other responsibilities like everyone else. I hope that you do take the 15 seconds to sign up and check out our site and see how it can be beneficial to your collection when people misquote you prices when you are trying to buy/sell/trade. We WELCOME any constructive criticism that anyone has to offer to make the site better for EVERYONE's benefit.

Its not that I think that your site is not worth a 1 month free trial...I just rather wait to use my trial period after your database has grown some more. I think what you are working on is a great idea. I will gladly use my free trial later on.

A suggestion - After your player data base is compiled, maybe work on making it sortable by year and sets - which would be very helpful in the prospecting area of this hobby. Many of us have boxes upon boxes sitting at home, and a simplified manner to search what is worth digging out would be a big help.

Last edited:

lincecumpc

Jul 7, 2011
Its not that I think that your site is not worth a 1 month free trial...I just rather wait to use my trial period after your database has grown some more. I think what you are working on is a great idea. I will gladly use my free trial later on.

The free trial will only be available for a limited time. You might want to just try it out now and see if it's something you would like for the future. As we have stated a few times, we will continue to update what we show for our customers to make it a better tool for everyone.

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
A suggestion - After your player data base is compiled, maybe work on making it sortable by year and sets - which would be very helpful in the prospecting area of this hobby. Many of us have boxes upon boxes sitting at home, and a simplified manner to search what is worth digging out would be a big help.

Thanks for the good suggestion. We have thought of developing filters to people to easily search things by. However right now we have all the card sets by alphabetical order. So at least it is in some logical order in the drop down menus.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Yes we know about them. 1) the primarily do vintage cards while we do modern cards. 2) PSA is the not only card grading service or even the most well known card grading service for Modern cards. I believe BGS is top dog when it comes to graded cards. While a person can say PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 price a person would rather compare a BGS 9.5 to a BGS 9.5 which is in our data versus only comparing PSA cards. 3) I believe we organize the data better and provide better historical context.

YES. We were debating if we were going to do hockey in our initial roll out, however we saw the importance of establishing ourselves first in the 3 major sports before getting into hockey. As you can see by the many comments there is a lot of interest in baseball, basketball and football.

Well this is great then. I know for the past couple years i have heard a great many people say that a VCP type version for modern cards is really needed and i agree as well. I know you guys our new, but in time when you expand to more cards/players/sets etc. and add Hockey this will be a very valuable tool. Having a site like this on your phone, while buying at a card show would be fantastik!!!

I wish you guys all the success you can handle, haha!!

lincecumpc

Jul 7, 2011
Well this is great then. I know for the past couple years i have heard a great many people say that a VCP type version for modern cards is really needed and i agree as well. I know you guys our new, but in time when you expand to more cards/players/sets etc. and add Hockey this will be a very valuable tool. Having a site like this on your phone, while buying at a card show would be fantastik!!!

I wish you guys all the success you can handle, haha!!

We truly appreciate all support from the hobby community and hope we can just keep everyone informed and up to date on prices. diakonos and I are hardcore collectors and love the hobby so we hope to be around for the long haul!

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
Here are some screen shots of our site and how easy it is to navigate from page to page. FYI we just pulled new data from eBay May 1st. All 33 baseball players we are valuing have been classified. We are now in the process of adding more players to our baseball database. See the latest trends of Matt Kemp, Dylan Bundy, Bryce Harper and a LOT LOT MORE!

Homepage:
homepage.jpg

Search page:
mlbsearch.jpg

Player page:​
cardsearch_dropdown.jpg

Card page:
card_id_descriptions.jpg

Start your free trial TODAY! To get IMMEDIATE Updates:

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! https://twitter.com/#!/valuemycards

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/pages/ValueMyCards/186524074744558

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
You should look into allowing CheckOutMyCards users to submit their sales reports. That would give you another source for sale prices from a very popular site. Sellers there can download their sales as a csv file with 11 columns, to include the obvious card details, but also the date and price a card sold. If you could accommodate an import of those, you could greatly improve the fidelity of your values. Unfortunately, Sportlots doesn't offer a similar sales report to seller, or that would be another great resource for sale prices.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Signed up while at work and was able to view prices... just logged in from home and it's telling me I don't have access to the pricing?

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
You should look into allowing CheckOutMyCards users to submit their sales reports. That would give you another source for sale prices from a very popular site. Sellers there can download their sales as a csv file with 11 columns, to include the obvious card details, but also the date and price a card sold. If you could accommodate an import of those, you could greatly improve the fidelity of your values. Unfortunately, Sportlots doesn't offer a similar sales report to seller, or that would be another great resource for sale prices.

definitely a good thought. im sure COMC "allowing" users to submit their sales reports to us would be a little easier said than done, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I don't see that COMC would have any say in it. They allow the users to download their own sales details, there's nothing they can do about how users use that information.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I don't see that COMC would have any say in it. They allow the users to download their own sales details, there's nothing they can do about how users use that information.

The only problem with that is that you get port sales included in the data. There may be certain cards that you would never sell for 85-90% off individually, but you would include them in the deal when they take the rest of your dredge at 85-90% off as well.

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012

Not exactly sure how I would be able to contact every user at COMC to give us their sales data other than by advertising or COMC allowing us to PM every user to send us their data. Also I believe COMC might have some connection with beckett, which probably wouldn't like what we are trying to do. Also not sure what type of quality the sales data might be in terms of providing an accurate picture of median net present value for a card. while there are many COMC members there aren't as many as eBay. thus COMC might have more outlying data which doesn't prove to be a good negotiating tool. example, sellers likes to always quote the highest sales price while buyers lakes to always quote the lowest sales price.

Do port sales give you a listing for each card sold in the lot with an averaged sale price?

sorry for my ignorance but what are "port sales"?

Members online

Latest posts