Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You heard it here first - Rangers style!!

Do the Rangers make the playoffs?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I am making a prediction that not only will the Rangers not win the AL West, but they will not even make the playoffs.

There is something seriously wrong with Josh Hamilton and Jon Daniels (GM) has his thumb up his ass for the trading deadline.

BTW, as a huge Rangers fan this kills me to say publicly.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Hard to think after the hot start. If Oak/LAA keep it up you could be right. Everyone was thinking that the two wild card teams would come from the East.......maybe not.

Last edited:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I see the minors coming up and there has been alot of talent moving in the "A" farm teams of Rangers . Daniels is a business man before baseball just hope he doesn't blunder now . I will say the Rangers act as they have won already .

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Calm down. They are still three games up after 99 games, same as last year.

This team "on paper" is far superior than previous years teams. Just need to start producing "key" hits and getting outs in the field.

They are on a cold streak right now. The Angels and A's are hot right now
baseball is a long marathon. Start worrying 2 weeks into September.

Hamilton is a good player but he isn't the Hall of Famer all of us Ranger homer fans make him out to be. He got hot at the beginning of the year and still has 28HR and leads the league in RBI(which he is still producing RBI even while he hasn't been getting hits). What is his career high in HR? Only 32! So he is still averaging his normal numbers, if not better.

The team as a whole needs to take a different approach at the plate to many "cold" hitters. Beltre and Andrus are the only 2 that have hit consistent all year. I'm more concerned about Young, Kinsler and Cruz getting hot we need them to get hot.

They will make deals but of all the deals they have made over the last 2 years what have they really brought to the team? They currently have an all star lineup and a top 10 pitching staff. They just need a wake up call is all, Wash will get into them soon especially if they do lose the lead in the West. They have plenty of of 2's and 3's they need a legit #1. But not one for 3 months Grienke is not a solution and glad we didn't trade our prospects for him. If anything bring back Cliff Lee or one of the Rays starters that are under contract. You don't want to lose Olt, Profar or Perez. We will need all the bats we can get in 2 years and Perez has looked much better in the Pros than the Minors.
I think we will get a bat and reliever but don't see a starter. It seems like teams are after our top prospects but willing to settle for others lesser prospects in trade.
Daniels, Wash and the Team got them this far so have some faith.

A good friend always tells me
"They will be fine" and I have to take his advice he is paid to talk about baseball.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Calm down. They are still three games up after 99 games, same as last year.

This team "on paper" is far superior than previous years teams. Just need to start producing "key" hits and getting outs in the field.

They are on a cold streak right now. The Angels and A's are hot right now
baseball is a long marathon. Start worrying 2 weeks into September.

Hamilton is a good player but he isn't the Hall of Famer all of us Ranger homer fans make him out to be. He got hot at the beginning of the year and still has 28HR and leads the league in RBI(which he is still producing RBI even while he hasn't been getting hits). What is his career high in HR? Only 32! So he is still averaging his normal numbers, if not better.

The team as a whole needs to take a different approach at the plate to many "cold" hitters. Beltre and Andrus are the only 2 that have hit consistent all year. I'm more concerned about Young, Kinsler and Cruz getting hot we need them to get hot.

They will make deals but of all the deals they have made over the last 2 years what have they really brought to the team? They currently have an all star lineup and a top 10 pitching staff. They just need a wake up call is all, Wash will get into them soon especially if they do lose the lead in the West. They have plenty of of 2's and 3's they need a legit #1. But not one for 3 months Grienke is not a solution and glad we didn't trade our prospects for him. If anything bring back Cliff Lee or one of the Rays starters that are under contract. You don't want to lose Olt, Profar or Perez. We will need all the bats we can get in 2 years and Perez has looked much better in the Pros than the Minors.
I think we will get a bat and reliever but don't see a starter. It seems like teams are after our top prospects but willing to settle for others lesser prospects in trade.
Daniels, Wash and the Team got them this far so have some faith.

A good friend always tells me
"They will be fine" and I have to take his advice he is paid to talk about baseball.

Meh. Hamilton sucks. Deal him for a haul of prospects then flip those prospects for an ace, like Lee. Case closed.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Talk about woeful...bad stat of the day. During the first two games of the White Sox series the Rangers are 1 for 21 with men in scoring position. Yuck!!

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I really hope your wrong and if you jinxed them with this garbage you need to follow Hamilton out of town during the off season.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I'm just kidding ya...
They will be fine the Wild Card game may wake them up for the playoffs and be beneficial.

Members online