Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Report: Robinson Cano Seeking 10-Year, $305 Million Contract This Offseason

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Olney is typically pretty solid with his sources, so this is absolutely absurd.

Cano has one or two "prime" years left, then it's an absolute mystery. A mystery where 90% end badly in 5 years.

The only teams that should/could consider this are those in the process of negotiating big TV deals...so that cuts out the Rangers, Dodgers, Angels, Yankees...etc. Plus eliminating teams like the Mets from consideration with their TV deal.

At least Cano's upfront about going for the money, and not some insanely forced excuse.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Seems like a reasonable place to start. LOL

This ALWAYS happens though. Mega-stars will always announce their seeking price WAY too high, early.

Especially when the Yanks are involved.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm one of the few (I think) I don't care how much of a mega star you are NO ONE is worth 200-300 million to play a damn game. Not just talking about Cano here. He's great but not worth it. The pujols deal was BS and someone should have learned from the A-rod ordeal.
Should be stipulated you get hurt you still get paid but at a lower rate.
Guaranteed money is BS. You get linked to PED's you lose your contract. And renegotiate. Set contract terms for the cheaters. They want to play and be the best.. Make the pay reflect that for being honest

Sent from my iPhone

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
8 yrs/$200M

My bet. They need the guy. Dodgers probably have spent what they're willing to. Maybe Giants put up some cash while they have the pitching (which they really don't, but think they do).

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I've got an idea. How about a 5 year, $25 million dollar contract?

$50,000 bonus every time he runs to first base.

Now that's a contract I could support.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Some think Cano is lazy now, whats gonna happen in a few years and a bloated contract. I cant see any team going over 5-6 years 125-175.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Let's see what he gets and where he ends up. Can you see him in Dodger blue?
I fervently hope not. While an upgrade to Mark Ellis would be okay, I'm perfectly willing to start next season standing pat.

I don't think he's ever put up the kind of numbers that justify approaching a $200M contract, much less $300M.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Some people here must've never watched cano play. I, being a Yankee fan, would show him the door if he won't settle on a five year deal.

However, being an offensive powerhouse at second base while Also being good defensively rarely happens at that position. I could understand 200 million and thinks he deserves it but I hope the Yankees aren't the one to pay it. He's far and away the best second basemen in baseball and I doubt we see someone better in the next ten years at that position

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yeahhhhhhhh......no.

I've got an idea. How about a 5 year, $25 million dollar contract?

$50,000 bonus every time he runs to first base.

Now that's a contract I could support.
:lol:

Always get a kick out of your Yankee posts, vw.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Who is Cano's agent?? Isn't it Jay Z now?

I think this initial bit of new is for the purpose of setting the tone of the negotiations. I don't really think he believes the Yankees will pay that but he needed to start somewhere.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
After the ridiculously stupid long-term contracts of 30-somethings Arod, Pujols and Hamilton, any team would be brain dead to sign Cano to a 10-year deal.

Members online

Latest posts