Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*************** Morning Thread ********* 12/8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning to everyone. Started to go to church, but decided not to, as the ice started coming down harder as we were getting ready to leave. Ice & freezing rain is the forecast in Roanoke today.
Staying on the Dent theme:

DANNY

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning.. Hope everyone has a great day..

I already have a decent offer on the David Wright Patch auto.. :D

Just debating on whether or not to take it..

Turned on my Dell XPS desktop this morning.. nothing like hearing "beep"... "beep"... "beep"...

Before I go to the support boards at dell.. anyone have a quick answer (ram maybe?)

Thanks..

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Good morning.. Hope everyone has a great day..

I already have a decent offer on the David Wright Patch auto.. :D

Just debating on whether or not to take it..

Turned on my Dell XPS desktop this morning.. nothing like hearing "beep"... "beep"... "beep"...

Before I go to the support boards at dell.. anyone have a quick answer (ram maybe?)

Thanks..

EDIT: Just read it was a desktop***

The beeps have a specific pattern, without knowing that pattern it is hard to tell. But upon boot, the most likely error is RAM for a laptop. Desktops, you have a battery error and keyboard error but those normally display on the screen. Is there anything displaying on the screen? Can you hook it up to a monitor to see if you might have a video issue as well?

Kind of read the above, but before that can you see any lights? Maybe in the front panel or on the back of the machine? Those lights and the pattern they make also can tell you what the issue can be. You can go online and look for errors lights on a dell XPS (model #) and you should be able to find them. [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] might know them off the top of his head though.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man I need more coffee... this weather is killing me here in Dallas.

I am in the market for a new laptop... anyone have any success or knowledge of these laptops that can double as a tablet, etc.? They look cool. I'm also guessing I should wait till closer to Christmas to get a better deal?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Not much going on here today other than it being cold. Still below zero, but the expected high is 7. If we get up to that, it will feel like a heatwave came through

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
OK, I reseated the ram and it works now.. I noticed that they are only 512mb each, and I have 4 slots and only 2 are used.. Time for more power!!

Have to check the specs to see how much ram it can have.. I'm hoping I can bump it up to 8MB ram or more..

Hope everyone has a good day..

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning guys.
Grabbing some coffee here shortly.
Christmas party was fun .. Drank to much but fun. Room was spinning for a while last night but woke up this morning ready to go. My friends are hung over bad
My kids want a computer but I haven't had a desktop in 4 years. I wouldn't use it, and them not very often but for gaming. Any suggestion or what to look for?

Sent from my iPhone

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
OK, I reseated the ram and it works now.. I noticed that they are only 512mb each, and I have 4 slots and only 2 are used.. Time for more power!!

Have to check the specs to see how much ram it can have.. I'm hoping I can bump it up to 8MB ram or more..

Hope everyone has a good day..

Your OS needs to be able to see more RAM. Are you running Windows 7? WinXP only sees 4gb if I am not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts