Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help with a Harper AFLAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
So I purchased one and it was slabbed by one of those "other" grading companies. Actually one I've never heard of. (RGA) I only bought it for the card which I was going to crack out of the holder.

Anyway I get the card today and it looks fake, the card doesn't seem as glossy as a topps card should. The printing front and back if you look very closely seems almost pixilated or like super small dots. For this I don't plan on busting it out so I can return it.

My question is to those of you who are familiar or own any of these AFLACs if Topps just did a crappy job on them? Or is mine probably fake?

I'll get a scan up shortly.

Thanks

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Here is the scan but i dont know how much it will help being in a case. Plus taking pics or scans it makes it look like a smooth image.

harpaflac_zps549353ca.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Here you go, i cracked it and scanned it and you can see a little better. Probably out $50 now if its a fake.

Does anyone have any 09 AFLACs they can look at to see if theirs is like this?

harpaflac_zps5c27ab9d.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Your pixilated picture could be the ultra rare denim version. Did they make a denim version? Don't mean to hijack the thread, as they all could look like that. But it definitely looks denim!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Your pixilated picture could be the ultra rare denim version. Did they make a denim version? Don't mean to hijack the thread, as they all could look like that. But it definitely looks denim!

Lol it does. I'm sending in a few cards to bgs. We'll see what they have to say

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Hard to tell from your scan. 2009 was the first year topps omitted the gloss from the cards. The edges tend to be chippy on the front. There is one seller [griffey1?] who sells Aflacs and PGs in junk slabs for some reason.

Members online