Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Burbank just pushed the listings they have in the Beckett Marketplace to eBay lol... they do this like every 30 days, this is nothing new... unless you don't know about (1) Burbank (2) Beckett Marketplace and/or (3) visit eBay much.

That was a little harsh but in all seriousness, they push their inventory automatically onto eBay like every 30 days. It's annoying as hell to be honest because in an instant your player search just gets overloaded with listings of sh!t you already know is out there and half of the listings don't have pictures or listed right.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not a huge fan of how it looks---I get that it's trying to fit the autograph to the card, but it still seems kinda small and squashed where it is.

These cards are acetate, right? So one could conceivably wipe the auto off, though that would be wiping away the auto and PSA/DNA premium the seller is clearly looking for.

They are acetate.Yeah, signature looks cramped on that card.Just take a base and get it signed in silver in the middle and it would look better.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
1998ToppsTekDiffractor64.jpg

Thanks to Rich I'm up to 6 of these beauties. Only 84 to go! haha

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Hope you guys got some cards you needed off Burbank. I got lucky. Like MansGame said, these cards had been on BM for a while. But they were cheaper on ebay. They have a buy 5 cards and get free shipping deal. So I bought the 5 1998 Thome Tek cards they had listed. I only needed one of them but at $1.82 each and free shipping I couldn't pass it up. On BM one of those cards had been $5.80 shipped which was way too high. I'll use the other 4 cards as trade bait for the other Thome cards I need. :smile:

pper

aaaa
re

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I did notice Burbank listed a couple of Olerud patterns with 99-cent BIN's. Really good price, luckily I don't need any of them because the $7 shipping (to Canada) is a deal-breaker for just one or two cards.

Also a COMC seller BDY111 has a bunch of Tek listed and just added a few in the last few days. Doesn't seem to be accepting offers though. I made an offer and he countered with his original asking price.

- Rodrick

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
If it wasn't for 1998 and 1999 Topps Tek, I'd own 92.2% of every card created of Albert Belle. Crazy right?

LOL, you lucked out on AB not having 6 subsets in 07 Moments & Milestones at least.

I have taken the task of committing to memory my 6 missing patterns, so the moment one pops I can pounce without hesitation. I sounded like Rain Main reciting the Fibonacci Sequence while I was doing it though.

Amazes me how people still underestimate the value of these base patterns. If you search eBay, Beckett, COMC and Sportlots COMBINED, you will find only 19 patterns of RJ. 21% complete if you were to start today. Whereas with his 297 & 364 Strikeout sets from 2007 M&M, you can cross 75-80% competition today using the same avenues.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
LOL, yeah, I would need Rain Man's memory to recite the 40 Thome Tek's I still need. You are right about the underestimation of the value of the base cards. If it weren't for Rich I would still need about 83 Thome's. Between Beckett, ebay, and Sporlots, there are 7 Thome's available. ::facepalm::

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, this set really is fun to collect. It is challenging, but very possible to finish. It just might take a while. Is a while (awhile) 1 word or 2 ? Bugging the heck out of me.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Yeah, this set really is fun to collect. It is challenging, but very possible to finish. It just might take a while. Is a while (awhile) 1 word or 2 ? Bugging the heck out of me.

I would say "awhile" but I ain't no English teacher!

(Plagiarized) quick rules:

-- A while is a noun meaning "a short spell." It has been a while since I met with Tom.
-- Awhile is an adverb meaning "for a short spell." Use it to modify verbs. Let's wait awhile. After school, I needed to sleep awhile.
-- When there is a preposition, use a while. (A noun can be the object of a preposition, but an adverb can't be.) Let's sit down and talk for a while. We spoke a while ago.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Wow, has anyone purchased cards off Beckett Marketplace before? There are three cards I need, but the total makes is over $15.00.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow, has anyone purchased cards off Beckett Marketplace before? There are three cards I need, but the total makes is over $15.00.

All the time, do you have a specific concern? Yeah, sometimes the prices are higher but service is usually good and sometimes you gotta shop where the needs are! I usually try to reach the free shipping threshold to make me feel better about the prices

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts