Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Bunt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i've been opening packs of series 2 and get some occasional bunt code cards.

Since I haven't signed up and played bunt yet, are these useless since the 2015 season is over or is it worth creating a login and downloading the app and redeeming the code cards to my account?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
i've been opening packs of series 2 and get some occasional bunt code cards.

Since I haven't signed up and played bunt yet, are these useless since the 2015 season is over or is it worth creating a login and downloading the app and redeeming the code cards to my account?

The game is in off-season mode right now but new inserts are still being issued to suck people's coins. You can redeem the codes and save the coins for 2016 if you want. (I think a lot of us are now just saving up for next season too.)

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
are 1000 coins meaningful? that is the minimum amount of coins a card redeemed for bunt will get you. it also says one redemption per fan name so i wonder if that means if i create an account that i can only redeem one code card instead of all those that i pulled or if its one redemption for each code entered.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
are 1000 coins meaningful? that is the minimum amount of coins a card redeemed for bunt will get you. it also says one redemption per fan name so i wonder if that means if i create an account that i can only redeem one code card instead of all those that i pulled or if its one redemption for each code entered.

1000 coins will not buy you a pack. A pack of three base cards cost 1500 coins

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada

1000 coins will not buy you a pack. A pack of three base cards cost 1500 coins

Right, 1000 coins doesn't really get you anything. As Hawk said the cheapest pack is 1500, and the cheapest pack with a chance at an insert is 5000.

You can enter multiple code cards, but you can't enter the same code multiple times.

If I were you I'd sign up, enter your codes, and start saving up coins for the 2016 stuff. You get 10,000 coins each day just for logging into the app. You don't even really have to do anything.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
This gets to me to thinking, if Topps really wants to promote Bunt through point cards, why are the cards only 1000 points? Seems like a waste to me.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
This gets to me to thinking, if Topps really wants to promote Bunt through point cards, why are the cards only 1000 points? Seems like a waste to me.

The Bunt promos I've pulled in packs said they were worth up to several hundred thousand coins. In actuality probably 99% of them were only worth 1000. In any case, it's mainly about promoting the app.

To me part of the fun in the app is playing the daily challenges and winning coins. Without that I don't want to spend coins (or real money) at a chance to pull an insert. I'll only end up with more white base cards!

Trading also has dried up for me, as it seems the people still active on the app only want the new inserts or "low numbered limited's". My collection has pretty much dried up for good trade bait.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
The Bunt promos I've pulled in packs said they were worth up to several hundred thousand coins. In actuality probably 99% of them were only worth 1000. In any case, it's mainly about promoting the app.

To me part of the fun in the app is playing the daily challenges and winning coins. Without that I don't want to spend coins (or real money) at a chance to pull an insert. I'll only end up with more white base cards!

Trading also has dried up for me, as it seems the people still active on the app only want the new inserts or "low numbered limited's". My collection has pretty much dried up for good trade bait.

I still have those Blue Jays for you! If I think about it I will send them tonight or tomorrow.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

I hear that, that's partly why I never go on bunt anymore besides collecting the
Coins and wasting them on the occasional insert (stupid me, but I wanted that degrom and Matz contract relic). And why I find huddle more fun right now, guess it has to do something with in season vs off season?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I've had way more luck selling Bunt cards than Huddle cards on eBay. I think huddle just puts out too much crap that it waters everything down.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I still have those Blue Jays for you! If I think about it I will send them tonight or tomorrow.

Sure! Everything I have is available for trade except Jays singles. Also if you want, check out my Huddle (RORYTATE) and Star Wars (RMACK).

I hear that, that's partly why I never go on bunt anymore besides collecting the
Coins and wasting them on the occasional insert (stupid me, but I wanted that degrom and Matz contract relic). And why I find huddle more fun right now, guess it has to do something with in season vs off season?

I've gotten more into Star Wars this off season. I like that it's about just collecting and isn't tied to a game. There are lots of coin rewards, plus you can trade cards up once you've accumulated so many.

This last thing would be great to see in Bunt. Trade 5 whites up for a green, or 5 greens up for a red, etc. Makes pack opening more fun because you're not as concerned about accumulating tons of common base.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Can anyone explain the VIP in bunt? The new release article states that the daily coin bonus will be reduced to 2,500 starting January 1 for all fans except VIPs. Then say to become a VIP head to the coin store and purchase coins. There is no VIP coin package in the store so I found this on line

The VIP system is a rewards platform for people who spend money on the app. It is determined by the amount of coins purchased by the user over the course of a calendar month. From my experience, you will not achieve gold VIP status without about 750K-1M coins purchased over a month. This number fluctuates month to month, based on the mean average of per capita spending from the user base.
Black and Diamond VIP status can take quite a bit of money to achieve. If coins usually make up 10-20% of the coins you bought from the app, you can see how much some of the people probably spend. There is also no guarantee that you will achieve the status, as it all depends on the rest of the VIP thresholds set by the rest of the spending.

Looks like if you want to continue getting the 10,000 coins a day you are going to have to spend money in the app, which would mean I would most likely be done as I don't want to put money into the game for virtual cards and 2,500 coins a day isn't much. Right now you could purchase 2 packs a day with the 10,000 coin bonus and with the new system you are only going to have enough for 1 pack every other day...........

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Can anyone explain the VIP in bunt? The new release article states that the daily coin bonus will be reduced to 2,500 starting January 1 for all fans except VIPs. Then say to become a VIP head to the coin store and purchase coins. There is no VIP coin package in the store so I found this on line

The VIP system is a rewards platform for people who spend money on the app. It is determined by the amount of coins purchased by the user over the course of a calendar month. From my experience, you will not achieve gold VIP status without about 750K-1M coins purchased over a month. This number fluctuates month to month, based on the mean average of per capita spending from the user base.
Black and Diamond VIP status can take quite a bit of money to achieve. If coins usually make up 10-20% of the coins you bought from the app, you can see how much some of the people probably spend. There is also no guarantee that you will achieve the status, as it all depends on the rest of the VIP thresholds set by the rest of the spending.

Looks like if you want to continue getting the 10,000 coins a day you are going to have to spend money in the app, which would mean I would most likely be done as I don't want to put money into the game for virtual cards and 2,500 coins a day isn't much. Right now you could purchase 2 packs a day with the 10,000 coin bonus and with the new system you are only going to have enough for 1 pack every other day...........

Yeah sounds about right and looks like you answered your own question about the VIP plan. They are alienating the non paying player, but they don't care, since it doesn't make them any money, except maybe ad revenue with the clicks

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
When does that start? I think I'm still getting 10k/day as of now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
If I remember correctly, wasn't 5k a day? I believed they bumped it to 10k during the post-season. As long as they still have coins available through the Challenges I'll stay with it (assuming the basic pack prices don't go up).

Last edited:

Members online