Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC (check out my cards) shipping wait times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
My order from November FINALLY shipped and it will hopefully show up today. It is 450+ cards, so fingers crossed that they got them all in there. I dread having to go back through the black hole of their customer service if there are any issues with my order.

ccitypa23

May 1, 2021
My order from November FINALLY shipped and it will hopefully show up today. It is 450+ cards, so fingers crossed that they got them all in there. I dread having to go back through the black hole of their customer service if there are any issues with my order.
Thanks for the post toadfan106. It gives us an idea of just how backed up they are. I requested my shipment in January, so I probably have a couple more months before I get mines. Hope all your cards are in there brother.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
With an order that big (450+ cards), it's not that surprising that it took so long for the order to be shipped with the big backlog but what was disturbing for awhile were orders placed for only a couple of cards that were taking 3+ months to ship even for people who paid for priority shipping. No excuse for that.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I have three shipments pending and one is being shipped just under three weeks late while one is a month and a half past estimated ship date and still waiting.

Requested 1/3/2021 (Economy) - Estimated 4/5/2021
Requested 4/1/2021 (Economy Rushed) - Estimated 4/30/2021 - Shipped 5/17/2021
Requested 5/5/2021 (Economy Rushed) - Estimated 5/27/2021
They seem to be making progress on the rushed orders. My 5/5 request is being shipped a little ahead of estimate. But I'm still waiting on my big 1/3 order.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The time it takes is what it is, unfortunately. I can't really get too angry given the way the hobby has exploded, and it's a rare company that would pull a PSA and stop accepting shipments, even though they probably should. And the backlog for outgoing orders is just a predictable result of the huge growth in intake. What worries me are all the stories of cards missing from orders, or cards like the ones my wife received recently that were not hers. I have about 20 cards in my account I need to get shipped, including things like printing plates and other stuff that took me years to locate. I am dreading finding out they have vanished into the ether. I posted about it 2 weeks ago and decided to place my ship order just now. I've been thinking about waiting till next year but I guess I'd rather find out sooner than so much later. Shipping 21 cards for $14.99 "economy rushed."
Date Requested:5/19/2021
Estimated Ship Date:6/10/2021
Actual Ship Date:Not Yet
Estimated Delivery Date:6/14/2021
For posterity.

I'll be completing a set I really like, getting a couple Sizemore cards I was missing, and a couple things to flip. Also for posterity, I decided I'm going to just be happy when the cards arrive.

I think they are getting things turned around. Shipped on 6/2 and arrived at my house yesterday, 6/9. That's ahead of the schedule they quoted, and the order was 100% accurate. Maybe it's because I had 21 cards in my order and I had never gotten more than maybe 6 in one shot, but they all arrived with little slips including the name, picture of the card, and some other internal data printed out, stuck into each penny sleeve. Probably a ton of work went into that, but they had to do something to increase speed and accuracy. I give them high marks for this, even if $15 to ship 21 cards is still a little steep. But it finished out a tough set (2020 Topps Decades' Best Chrome, both series) and contained a number of other cards I'd been seeking for a while, so I'm just happy to be able to get them all from one place.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think they are getting things turned around. Shipped on 6/2 and arrived at my house yesterday, 6/9. That's ahead of the schedule they quoted, and the order was 100% accurate. Maybe it's because I had 21 cards in my order and I had never gotten more than maybe 6 in one shot, but they all arrived with little slips including the name, picture of the card, and some other internal data printed out, stuck into each penny sleeve. Probably a ton of work went into that, but they had to do something to increase speed and accuracy. I give them high marks for this, even if $15 to ship 21 cards is still a little steep. But it finished out a tough set (2020 Topps Decades' Best Chrome, both series) and contained a number of other cards I'd been seeking for a while, so I'm just happy to be able to get them all from one place.
$15 to ship 21 cards is a "LITTLE Steep"? I suppose if you pay a premium for a special service and agree to it ahead of time, you can't really complain. However, it can still be viewed as unreasonable. I guess in a case like this, people are paying to skip ahead of others patiently waiting for their orders.

I still have a handful of cards locked up with them, but my order I complained so much about finally arrived, but I am still watching all of this unfold over the weeks and months since.

I really do want to return as a customer, simply because of the convenience of it all, but refuse to until their house is back in order to be able to reasonably handle orders, if that ever returns! The longer "we" let it go and excuse their crap service, the easier it will be for them to slide the scale lower and lower, with no real competition in their particular market.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yesterday marked 6 months since I requested my shipment. Soon it will be 3 months late. If they're putting little pieces of paper into all thousand penny sleeves I should have it by 2025 or so.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
Shipment request 11/20/20. 39 cards total. Estimated ship date 3/4/21. Multiple emails asking for updates on when order will be delivered. Nothing but crickets on their end. A few SN /5 in order for PC. Feeling like I'll never see this order, so frustrating!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
@Dilferules & @ramunc89 I am confident you both will see your orders, but that is mind-numbingly irresponsible of COMC. I almost feel bad complaining about my 4 month wait now! ramunc's order was actually requested a couple weeks before mind and mine came in April. I don't know if my constant emails or public shaming of them worked or if I was just lucky. I feel very bad for you both. Completely unacceptable.

I think COMC needs to pay their shippers unlimited OT until they get caught up with all the longstanding backorders. Time to stop feeding us BS excuses and wishful updates loaded with record this and record that. Your shipping "accomplishments" are not newsworthy. These F'ing guys are unbelievable!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I sent them an email last week to complain (nicely) about the order I placed December 9 that was supposed to ship March 15 (which would have been ludicrous if it had even actually taken that long to ship) and I still don't have. They got back to me right away and said that they couldn't expedite order but "I have escalated your order to our Shipping team so that it can be prioritized" and my shipment page on COMC switched to showing an estimated ship date of July 12...which has moved since to July 11, then July 10, then went backwards to where it says July 14 now. At least it makes it seem like there is actually some movement and hope of it shipping soon. They've hired more customer service staff so I'd recommend contacting them if you have a similarly late order.

Of course this doesn't address the major problem that their estimated ship dates for the lowest shipping tier are still about 4 months out, which means I still am only using them as a seller of last resort. I made some Sportlots and Beckett Marketplace orders recently and they started to arrive within a few days.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Someone on another site shared that they got an order fast and I found out that his option for rushed shipping was just 50 cents more than the economy option and it saved months of wait time. Mine is more $5 and is saves months too (supposedly). If I reach a point where i am ready to ship, I may just eat the extra cost. It will be like they paid anyways, because they refunded my original shipping charge for the last order. Still, I don't like what it has become. They are forcing you to pay a premium to get your cards in what amounts to an economy turnaround time.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
My order that was requested on 3/11/21 had a ship date of 06/15/21 originally. Now it's showing 8/29/21 on economy shipping with 487,527 items ahead of mine. My order is literally 10 cards. I could pack and ship all 200,000 of the cards at my house to 200,000 different people in less time than it's taking them to pull 10 cards from inventory and ship to a single person.

I was hopeful they were getting their act together but this is nuts.

I do have to say the changes to the shipping portal UI are good ones.

There are a couple cards I need from the Significant Signatures run I'm working on priced nicely that I just don't feel like buying because I don't know when I'd see them.

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Requested a shipment (100+ cards) on 1/3. Original ship date was to be 5/4. Order finally shipped 7/6. Priority (not rushed).

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
My order that was requested on 3/11/21 had a ship date of 06/15/21 originally. Now it's showing 8/29/21 on economy shipping with 487,527 items ahead of mine.

Mine is showing about 60,000 items ahead of my order but that number hasn't moved at all this week and every day my estimated ship date moves back another day.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So apparently my order shipped today. Here's the chronology:

Requested shipment early February, got an expected ship date of early May. Then in mid-June I get an email saying that my order is being packed, with an expected ship date of early May. Now in early July it ships...with 259,000 orders still being shown ahead of mine.

No dates or numbers mean anything in COMC world.

Unless there is a KILLER card that I just have to own, at an awesome price, I don't see myself buying anything from COMC for a long time.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
So apparently my order shipped today. Here's the chronology:

Requested shipment early February, got an expected ship date of early May. Then in mid-June I get an email saying that my order is being packed, with an expected ship date of early May. Now in early July it ships...with 259,000 orders still being shown ahead of mine.

No dates or numbers mean anything in COMC world.

Unless there is a KILLER card that I just have to own, at an awesome price, I don't see myself buying anything from COMC for a long time.

How many cards were in your order? I have a suspicion they may be skipping down to send small easier orders and putting off larger orders like mine (1,000 cards) so they can crow about how many orders they shipped.

Members online