Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Lumberjack Bingo: TIMBER!!! Game Over.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@cjedmonton just curious, how do double headers work on this branch 3? There was one yesterday and a couple of them today. Do we only get to use the highest score from the 2 games?

From the FAQ:

4. Okay, what if one of my teams plays a doubleheader? Can I count both Game Scores toward my total?
In the event of a doubleheader, you may only use the higher of the two Game Scores for that team toward your overall combined total.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
From the FAQ:

4. Okay, what if one of my teams plays a doubleheader? Can I count both Game Scores toward my total?
In the event of a doubleheader, you may only use the higher of the two Game Scores for that team toward your overall combined total.
Haha, clearly I can't read. I even went back to read the rules and faqs before asking and skimmed right over it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
From the FAQ:

Man, even with TWO of my teams playing in doubleheaders yesterday (Det and Pit), I could only come up with a combined pitching Game Score of 415. :poop:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Man, even with TWO of my teams playing in doubleheaders yesterday (Det and Pit), I could only come up with a combined pitching Game Score of 415. :poop:
My tin foil cap is that we are seeing the impacts on pitching when the change in the physical ball is allowing for so many hits/runs. I'm sure more changes will be made again through the year to give it back to pitchers for a while, but I doubt that would happen by may 9th:LOL:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Man!! Just needed one scenario for so long!! Thought I was going to take that last branch! Needed Brewers to give up 6 runs, they gave up 7, 8, 10, but never 6!!

Onward to branch 5 everyone!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Man!! Just needed one scenario for so long!! Thought I was going to take that last branch! Needed Brewers to give up 6 runs, they gave up 7, 8, 10, but never 6!!

Same! But the Mariners pitching isn't good enough to only allow 0-3 hits in a game lol

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest

I was right there with ya...had 3 scenarios really quick and just needed the Brewers to give up 5 ER!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

Same. Arizona needed to use three pitchers but never used less than four.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
And just a day late on that. Kepler hit a grand slam on the 23rd.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Oof...after backtracking the rules in this thread, I could have possibly called a Bingo on that on the day of the 23rd:

"Bounties that remain unclaimed by the branch completion date expire" paired with the comment from @cjedmonton stating "No worries, you would have had until the end of the April 17th to claim Branch 1.".

I know it's not a bingo now though since I would have had to call bingo for it and it's past the expired completion date.

I'll still post my results, this tracking is pretty fun!

Kansas City - 1 Home Run Allowed: 05/12 vs Texas
NY Yankees - 2 Home Runs Allowed: 05/16 vs Baltimore
L.A. Dodgers - 9 Hits: 05/18 vs Arizona
Detroit - 1 Grand Slam Allowed: 05/23 vs Minnesota

In hindsight, I should have been watching branch 4 along with branch 5 on the automatic branch completion date. That might have allowed for a very last minute bingo.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@cjedmonton I'd like to use the chainsaw on branch 5 to advance to branch 6:

Boston Red Sox hit 5 homeruns on May 29th: Dalbec in the 2nd inning, Cordero in the 2nd inning, Devers in the 3rd inning, Arroyo in the 4th inning, and K. Hernandez in the 4th inning...all 5 off of Zimmerman.

Figured I'd be stuck on COL starting pitchers pitching into a grand slam so I am choosing to use the chainsaw starting today.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@cjedmonton I'd like to use the chainsaw on branch 5 to advance to branch 6:

Boston Red Sox hit 5 homeruns on May 29th: Dalbec in the 2nd inning, Cordero in the 2nd inning, Devers in the 3rd inning, Arroyo in the 4th inning, and K. Hernandez in the 4th inning...all 5 off of Zimmerman.

Figured I'd be stuck on COL starting pitchers pitching into a grand slam so I am choosing to use the chainsaw starting today.

@MrMet2.0, @Gwynn545, @thelesquad, @metallicalex777, @clarkzac, @mrmopar, @chippernate, @Hawk8, @Letch77, @Dazed, @shadow play

Noted! You may begin working on Branch 6 immediately (today, May 31st).

Everyone else remains on Branch 5 until June 8th (branch completion date) or if you achieve one of the first two chainsaws before then.

EITHER WAY, THE BRANCH 5 BOUNTY HAS EXPIRED.

Alex’s “prize” is an 8 day head start on Branch 6.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
@MrMet2.0, @Gwynn545, @thelesquad, @metallicalex777, @clarkzac, @mrmopar, @chippernate, @Hawk8, @Letch77, @Dazed, @shadow play

Noted! You may begin working on Branch 6 immediately (today, May 31st).

Everyone else remains on Branch 5 until June 8th (branch completion date) or if you achieve one of the first two chainsaws before then.

EITHER WAY, THE BRANCH 5 BOUNTY HAS EXPIRED.

Alex’s “prize” is an 8 day head start on Branch 6.
Can I forfeit branch 5? One of my requirements must happen during a Dodgers interleague game, and they don't have one until 6/7 :ROFLMAO:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I was far from it, but as lifelong Royals and Brett fan (and out of curiosity) what was the bounty prize?

Had an unusual/interesting one in mind for this.

Topps Project 2020 artist Efdot had his own companion series, and one of them was this “Pine Tar Blob” card to commemorate Brett’s famous incident. #20/250

97-F3-C173-6853-47-C6-97-A6-99-BF1-E672-FAA.jpg
B75-ED2-CA-F048-4727-9-F53-779-B2-EDA4-B0-A.jpg
D79-E82-B6-E622-4-AD9-975-D-F08-AC0-AD7-D0-C.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@cjedmonton I am claiming a bingo for branch 6 today :) Here are my results:

- Tampa Bay Rays 3+ HRs: 3 HRs on June 10th against the Minnesota Twins
- Philadelphia Phillies 0-32 At Bats: 30 At Bats on June 4th against the Anaheim Angels
- Cleveland Guardians with 15+ LOB: 15 LOB on May 31st against the Kansas City Royals
- Houston Astros with 9K: 9K on May 31st against the Oakland Athletics
- Pittsburgh Pirates with 4 Runs: 4 Runs on June 11th against the Atlanta Braves
- Miami Marlins with 7 Hits: 7 Hits on June 2nd against the San Francisco Giants

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@cjedmonton I am claiming a bingo for branch 6 today :) Here are my results:

- Tampa Bay Rays 3+ HRs: 3 HRs on June 10th against the Minnesota Twins
- Philadelphia Phillies 0-32 At Bats: 30 At Bats on June 4th against the Anaheim Angels
- Cleveland Guardians with 15+ LOB: 15 LOB on May 31st against the Kansas City Royals
- Houston Astros with 9K: 9K on May 31st against the Oakland Athletics
- Pittsburgh Pirates with 4 Runs: 4 Runs on June 11th against the Atlanta Braves
- Miami Marlins with 7 Hits: 7 Hits on June 2nd against the San Francisco Giants

@MrMet2.0, @Gwynn545, @thelesquad, @clarkzac, @mrmopar, @chippernate, @Hawk8, @Letch77, @Dazed, @shadow play

@metallicalex777

Confirmed!! Nice work, Alex.

You have won the Branch 6 bounty!

Please send me a PM to confirm your mailing address and your choice of recent WS champs (Braves, Nats, Dodgers).

You may begin working on Branch 7 effective yesterday, June 11th.

Everyone else remains on Branch 6.

Members online