Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NY YANKEE IN SEASON THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
What kind of contract do you guys think Judge is going to command? There seems to be a lot of teams locking up players for extended years and so much money. Aaron Judge is 30 though and those guys getting the big contracts are younger. Thoughts?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
What kind of contract do you guys think Judge is going to command? There seems to be a lot of teams locking up players for extended years and so much money. Aaron Judge is 30 though and those guys getting the big contracts are younger. Thoughts?
If he goes for the most money and years. He is a goner jmo

Sent from my SM-F711U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
If he goes for the most money and years. He is a goner jmo

Sent from my SM-F711U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Corey Seager got 10 years 325 Mil and he is 28
Manny Machado got 10 years 300 Mil and he is 30

I can see why he didn't take the 260 and this season Judge is playing out of his mind. He is definitely playing for a contract and you're right, if he follows the money, he is out of NY. Who could afford him though? Especially if the Angels let Ohtani on the open market. No way the Dodgers could keep affording these players. I will keep my dreams alive and cross my fingers the Mariners land Judge or Ohtani lol.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Corey Seager got 10 years 325 Mil and he is 28
Manny Machado got 10 years 300 Mil and he is 30

I can see why he didn't take the 260 and this season Judge is playing out of his mind. He is definitely playing for a contract and you're right, if he follows the money, he is out of NY. Who could afford him though? Especially if the Angels let Ohtani on the open market. No way the Dodgers could keep affording these players. I will keep my dreams alive and cross my fingers the Mariners land Judge or Ohtani lol.
hearing San Francisco

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I would give him a Million dollars a homer contract. For 10 years. If he goes on the IL or if he sucks and only hits 5 homers, then he makes 5 million dollars for the year. and so, on.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

35 million a year AAV, 8-10 years

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington

Nothing to do with the Yankees but because of the contract talks.... Julio Rodriguez, who has play just over half the season in the majors for the M's, is about to sign a 15 year, 210m guaranteed contract... What in the world.... didn't the Braves just sign Harris to 100m for 10 years? I get the hype and production... but... I have never heard of the Mariners putting up a contract like this.. for anyone... ever... Would you bank everything nearly a full season of production?

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Teams will start doing this and it'll burn them more than it benefits. What's sad and disgusting is, it's the fans that will wind up footing the bill for the failures.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

Nothing to do with the Yankees but because of the contract talks.... Julio Rodriguez, who has play just over half the season in the majors for the M's, is about to sign a 15 year, 210m guaranteed contract... What in the world.... didn't the Braves just sign Harris to 100m for 10 years? I get the hype and production... but... I have never heard of the Mariners putting up a contract like this.. for anyone... ever... Would you bank everything nearly a full season of production?
8 years, $72 million for Harris - Basically buys out his 3 arb years and two years of Free Agency for $70 million ($14 AAV). If he sticks to the production he's putting up this year his arbitration years end up looking like $10, $15, $20 million so they bought two years of free agency for $25 million. That's a good, not great, deal for the Braves, gives Harris financial security right up front, and allows him to be a free agent at 29 if they don't pick up his club options ($15 million in 2031 and $20 million in 2032 or $10 million in buyouts) and hit it big on another contract if he produces.

Rodriguez's contract isn't necessarily 15 years. It could be as short as 8/$120. If Rodriguez simply maintains the production he has put up this season they got a steal. 8 years/$120 million ($15 million AAV) is a very cheap deal for a .280/.340/.550 30/30 player. If he turns into the perennial MVP candidate they think he will be then it's still a great deal looking long term, whether Seattle decides to opt in to the club option after 2028 or lets it convert to a player option. If they choose to convert it to a player option after 2028 there's a likelihood he walks after 2030 but they would have still gotten 8 years of top production for relative peanuts.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Looks like the Julio deal is 12 years/210million (17.5 million AAV) guaranteed and could go up to 470 million. Hope he stays healthy.

Members online