Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector Contest: Mark McGwire (entry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Hey Flipper! Sorry I'm not around as much!

That's a great find. I only know of 4 other copies that are out there right now and all are in McGwire collections. Value-wise it's tough. The reason is, the McGwire market is very high but hit or miss ever since covid hit. It's a great time to try and move it. It is such a popular set that I know a few people are still trying to put together because it is mostly forgotten and probably thrown away and is now having a bit of a random resurgence. Value-wise, you could cut it up and make at least 400 right off the bat. I think what you are doing with a 3500 and fielding offers is the best way to do it.

Mine is from the print line and never got cut so mine still has the proof line on it so slightly different than yours. I must have taken this pic 20+ years ago because I don't remember that sheet the pic was taken on haha!

f-2279.jpg
b-2279.jpg

Flipper2000

Feb 21, 2024
California
OnionRing9, Thank You so much for the info. Since I didnt remember how I acquired this as a kid, I was curious so I asked my mother. She said, she purchased it for me at an estate sale in the mid 90's. Likely someone passed away and didn't realize it was more than a couple dollars. What's funny is when I found it about a month ago, I "Put it aside". It wasn't until I researched the price of Michael Jordan posters I had from the 90's, thinking they were worth $5-$10 and realized several of them are in the hundreds. At that time I went back and googled it, and found OnionRing9's post here.

OnionRing9, I saw you mention in another post how many serious McGwire collectors are on ThePCList.com. I found the location where yourself or one of the other collectors posted a picture of this poster. I see where there is a section that shows the user names that are "interested" in the item. I don't know if they are truly interested, or the site automatically puts "interested" if that specific item is not in their collection. When I private message the users, the messages stay in the "outbox", and I get no response. Also, I can't find a way to contact anyone on the site. Is someone still running that site?

abide

Apr 29, 2021
OnionRing - did you finalize the McGwire collectors website. I'd like to join if it's out there and active.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts