Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP TWIB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
More about the Closing music, which was pretty epic:

The closing theme to the show is "Gathering Crowds," composed by Patrick J. O'Hara Scott, a pseudonym for the same Mike Vickers. It is typically played over a montage of baseball's greatest moments, building to a crescendo with a punctuated 3-note chord as the MLB logo slides into view. The piece has also been utilized to similar effect for montages and credits at the end of local TV newscasts and the like. The theme is a fan favorite and is considered one of the greatest sports themes.

I know they let NFL Films used it a coupla times too...

And back then, all is was TWIB on TV and the monthly "Baseball Digest" in magazine form. They still make BD (I think) but it was late info back then, now it's way late LOL...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
makes sense TWIB is gone - there are so many ways to watch the games, get the highlights, learn about the superstars of the league, etc. nowdays.

i know I haven't watched it in 5 years. Used to watch it religiously as a teen/young adult when that and about 3-4 games a week was all I got for MLB coverage.

Members online

Latest posts