Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Bill - it's just my opinion but we should keep it one box. Two boxes will turn into four and then who knows :lol:

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I just wanted to let members know that I am giving the 52 Pafko, the three A&G originals and another 3 52 Bowman cards that I have here in my collection to MojoDan.

Dan is a very generous board member who have given to many, asking nothing in return. Since he expressed an interest in these particular cards, I could not have offered to just give them to him any faster than I did! He is also sending cards to add to our box of goodies, even though he is not going to participate in the actual receiving of the box (yes, I did try to include him, but his work schedule provides too much difficulty for the shipping timelines we are trying to stick to).

If anyone has any objection to this decision I made, keep it to yourself because I won't be listening to it!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Dan is an extremely generous and great board member. Sounds great to me but I haven't officially participated in the box, so just one voice here ;)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I just wanted to let members know that I am giving the 52 Pafko, the three A&G originals and another 3 52 Bowman cards that I have here in my collection to MojoDan.

Dan is a very generous board member who have given to many, asking nothing in return. Since he expressed an interest in these particular cards, I could not have offered to just give them to him any faster than I did! He is also sending cards to add to our box of goodies, even though he is not going to participate in the actual receiving of the box (yes, I did try to include him, but his work schedule provides too much difficulty for the shipping timelines we are trying to stick to).

If anyone has any objection to this decision I made, keep it to yourself because I won't be listening to it!

Glad Dan could get him some cards he liked.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I added those card to make the box better, not so Dan could PM you asking for them

Whatever

Thats not what happened at all. I will pass on them and still donate to the box. I have no problems with that, someone else can have them.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Keep em in the box Bill. It's only fair. I appreciate the offer but this is going to cause problems and I don't want that.

LMK if anyone wants football added to the box or if its going to stay Baseball specific.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
enjoy them.

Bill, don't include me in the next box

That's a bummer to me you feel this way. I will purchase some A&G originals, some 52 Bowman, and some other vintage stuff (maybe some Tattoo Orbit and such) to add to the box at the Shriners show in a couple of weekends. Others are sending stuff to add to the box, so I wasn't sending it back out until I get those anyway.

I hope in the meantime you will reconsider and continue to participate!

Edited this to add that Dan did not PM me asking for the cards. He PMed me saying he would be sending cards to put in the next round of this. I included him in the grouping for the next round as a result and he PMed me saying he was not participating due to difficulties with getting to the PO and not wanting to hold up the shipping. Then I posted my haul from the box and he PMed me after I posted what I took and said, "So the ginters and 52 Pafko are still in the box? Hmmm, this might get too tempting." (Meaning he was considering participating). I then offered them up to him because I know he is such a great guy, always doing for others, wanting nothing in return.

Last edited:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Sounds good then. Sorry for overreacting. You can leave the cards I added in the box, dan will be a generous fellow and still add to the box, and he will join the box round this time as the cards he liked could still be in there.

Looks like the all participants will win in this scenario.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sounds good then. Sorry for overreacting. You can leave the cards I added in the box, dan will be a generous fellow and still add to the box, and he will join the box round this time as the cards he liked could still be in there.

Looks like the all participants will win in this scenario.

Terry, I don't want any confusion... Dan is just sending cards to add to the box. He is not going to be on the list of people receiving the box. I will add the vintage to the box myself from my show pick ups.

Also, please confirm you are in or out for next round? Now I'm not sure :)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm not confused at all. Dan emailed you saying he'd like to add cards. He then casually mentioned that he liked the cards I added. You took the 1888 and 1951 cards that I added to the community box out and gave them to dan.

Think that's the gist?

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Lance I think he is saying that Dan (unsure who he is ) wants to send cards in
to basically trade for the cards he wanted. Then Bill is going to add more in compensation after he
goes to a card show. Seems fair enough to me ( disclaimer I am pissed Broncos lost) so maybe
I am not reading correctly)

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Dan added stuff in box 2 & I think #1 too without participating in those rounds & asking for nothing in return. I think we should just start round 3 off with [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] and then everyone should be happy. And even if it takes a couple extra days to get shipped from Dan hopefully smooth sailing from there.

Members online

Latest posts