Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone hear Brandon Marshall's comments on Jonathan Martin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Marshall compared the way people parent boys and girls and how we train boys to suppress their feelings. Pretty profound and articulate statements. I never heard Marshall speak before but was pretty impressed...

marterburn

Marshall's a guy who's been through the gambit of emotional instability. You've got to think having borderline personality disorder, and having sought treatment for it and how to control himself, he knows at least a little more than most regarding this issue.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Listened to him speak on Sports Center, sounded very rational. I do not pretend to know what happened in this situation but all the Dolphins coming to Incognitos defense and saying that there was nothing wrong with that voice mail are all ignorant.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Listened to him speak on Sports Center, sounded very rational. I do not pretend to know what happened in this situation but all the Dolphins coming to Incognitos defense and saying that there was nothing wrong with that voice mail are all ignorant.

I agree with you from the standpoint of, the use of the N word. But, in some places its used by dang near everyone in the group. Years ago, i was working early mornings at a warehouse and all the guys(black, white, mexican) all used it. I was never comfortable with it, so i stayed away from it. But its not uncommon for a black and white guy who grew up together and are boys, to use the word. Im guessing this is how locker rooms are. I think there is a lot going on with martin. More than incognito, the phins, and even football. Hopefully this all gets resolved and lives can continue.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Marshall earned a little respect from me. I always envisioned him as kind of a punk but know he's had some issues. I also know some of these players need a couple years to develop some maturity, particularly when considering where many of them came from. As far as Incognito goes, he was a ****** on and off the field when I attended Nebraska and he managed to find a courtroom while there. He basically got the boot from Lincoln and headed for Oregon where he couldn't hold his end of the bargain and got punted before playing a down. He then got drafted by the Rams and was a cancer for that team. He was released and I then forgot he was still around until this story came out. The guy has been a cancer everywhere he's gone. Martin may very well have some issues to sort out but Incognito has been nothing but a classless ***** for the past decade and shows no sign of changing that demeanor. What bothers me most about this story are the people calling Martin a pu***, candy***, wimp, etc. Nobody should be harassed in the workplace including the testosterone filled NFL. This counters everything we know about TEAM building. Details are still coming out with this case but it has shades of the Penn State fiasco, albeit not the seriousness of what Sandusky did. This story has become too big for the NFL to contain and as a result I expect the NFL to come down extremely harsh on the parties involved. Don't be shocked if Coach Philbin and Incognito get a year off along with possible Draft sanctions against the team. I just cannot see how the NFL tap dances around this one.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What I don't understand is how clueless people can be about bullying. It's like there's nothing out there about the mentality of bullies and how they work. "Oh, the rest of the team liked Incognito, blah, blah, blah..." So XXXXing what? Bullies operate more efficiently WHEN people just go along with it.

The only ******* in this whole fiasco are the rest of the team for letting this happen and not having the balls to stop it. They were all afraid of Incognito and would rather make excuses for his XXXXty behavior than explain how XXXXed up that locker room is and/or do something about it.

Members online

Latest posts