Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves to build new stadium for 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Never been to Turner Field and am not familiar with the area, but its crazy to think a stadium will only last 20 years. Sign of the times or is the current stadium that big of a mess/poorly executed to begin with?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Doing the Tomahawk chop in this stadium will be punishable by hard time.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
The Ted is in a terrible location. Glad they're moving the stadium to the northern burbs where most of the fans live. There's actually going to be bars and restaurants within walking distance of the stadium now. That wasn't the case at the Ted.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Certainly no one in the ATL will really care. It's the worst sports city in the USA. At least traffic will get better going to the airport. Traffic will be a nightmare in the new location, but i"m never on that side of town anyways. Gotta keep up with the Falcons.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If I remember correctly.... wasn't Turner Field the home of the 1996 Summer Olympics and converted to a baseball field after the Olympics? So it was never designed as a Baseball stadium... so the location suffered as a result?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If I remember correctly.... wasn't Turner Field the home of the 1996 Summer Olympics and converted to a baseball field after the Olympics? So it was never designed as a Baseball stadium... so the location suffered as a result?
[MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] can you please weigh in on your expert opinion?
Thanks ~

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
They don't NEED a new stadium! The one they have is more than fine

If anyone needs a new stadium, Tampa Bay and Oakland need one so much more than Atlanta

The stadium lease ends at the end of 2016. $150+ million needed for improvements to the stadium, plus another $200 million just to improve the fan experience. Do you live in the Atlanta area? How many times have you tried to drive to a 7:35 first pitch coming from outside the perimeter?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia

Yes, it was the track and field venue. It was next door to the old stadium, but the area was bad to begin with. There's nothing outside the stadium for the fans.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yeah, just saw AP tweet something. Crazy to think a new stadium is needed already.

Turner field is in a dumpy part of town. There are two hotels and one awful restaurant next door to the stadium. Oh and who can forget AZAR's liquor store nearby that has all of their liquor in a cage. The area is in the middle of Summerhill neighborhood which is known for its crack dealing. I live in Buckhead (about 4 miles as the crow flies) and I think the move is great. The stadium is not controlled by the Braves, but rather the corrupt City of Atlanta system.

Members online

Latest posts