Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 National Sports Collector's Convention Thread ... Who's in ? Are you going ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Figured with the new year here, would start this up. I hopefully will be going, since it is in Chitown.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I will go again when they decide the west coast matters. Until then, I will just chill at the beach, which is probably better any ways.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
As a West Coaster myself, but having never been to a large show like that, I really don't have any personal stake or opinion in this. I don't know if I would go even if it was held in Seattle. I think the thought of it is overwhelming and unless I had plenty of spare money to spend and time to do it, it would just be a tease.

I would assume that something central to all would be the best draw to bring in customers, but perhaps history has shown that certain areas are just better for business? I know it's been central or east more than it has been West. You'd think a milder climate and other draws in the area would bring it to San Diego, Los Angeles or maybe even Las Vegas? I guess the West just doesn't drop the coin enough to warrant the move?

I will go again when they decide the west coast matters. Until then, I just chill at the beach, which is probably better any ways.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
I'm planning on going for at least 1 day. I went for the first time ever 2 years ago when it was in Chicago and it's well worth the 1:15 drive for me. I don't have the bankroll of a lot of the people I saw there, but it was certainly an eye-opening experience after roughly 20 years out of the hobby.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
As a West Coaster myself, but having never been to a large show like that, I really don't have any personal stake or opinion in this. I don't know if I would go even if it was held in Seattle. I think the thought of it is overwhelming and unless I had plenty of spare money to spend and time to do it, it would just be a tease.

I would assume that something central to all would be the best draw to bring in customers, but perhaps history has shown that certain areas are just better for business? I know it's been central or east more than it has been West. You'd think a milder climate and other draws in the area would bring it to San Diego, Los Angeles or maybe even Las Vegas? I guess the West just doesn't drop the coin enough to warrant the move?

Why not San Francisco? Other than no ability to park it's a legit place. Lots of local sports have had success lately. Maybe they're all jealous they don't live out here where the "late games" start early for us :)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I can't believe that there are people actually complaining that a coast isn't getting these shows.

Come on people, let the flyover states have SOMETHING!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hear the Pine Tar Hotel is a great place.. :p

You in for every day or would you wanna take in a Cubbies or Sox game, depending on who's playing at home ? I may crash there, if allowed (plus, it'd mean a cooler full of Zup's meats for ya ! ). Then you, Sam & myself could cause havoc ...

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It's a new up start. With a strong financial backing by the Illinois Lottery :p

Sounds like a place I need to check out then lol

You in for every day or would you wanna take in a Cubbies or Sox game, depending on who's playing at home ? I may crash there, if allowed (plus, it'd mean a cooler full of Zup's meats for ya ! ). Then you, Sam & myself could cause havoc ...

The Cubs play the Rockies the 27th-29th and then go on a road trip, the White Soxs are at home playing the Yankess 31st-2nd.

Members online

Latest posts