Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB.tv package.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Hey fellas. Hopefully all has been well. I'm considering ordering the mlb.tv premium package for the upcoming season. I've never ordered it before and it seems like a good idea because you can watch the games on your tablet, smartphone, etc. however, I was looking for some feedback on the package. Is it worth the dough? Thanks gang, and any info is definitely appreciated.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is it worth the dough?

I absolutely think it's worth the dough. Cheaper than MLB Extra Innings on cable/satellite, more games than MLB Extra Innings on cable/satellite and you get access to archives as well where you would have to use your DVR to record games to make "archives" to watch later if you had MLB EI on cable/satellite. It's also great to have free AT BAT app included and to be able to watch EI on any of my five devices. the only neg is that the video quality is internet streaming quality - not as sharp and clear as high-bitrate cable/satellite, but the $$$$$ savings and other features still make it a no-brainer for me to want MLB.TV premium.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I cannot wait to do it again this season. And i used a proxy to bypass the blackout area issue. So worth it. And when the world series came around, i was able to log in on our work computers to watch while i was stuck at work. Definitely cant wait to do it again!!!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'd like to sign up for whatever the bare minimum is that will allow me to go back and watch archived games from the 2013 season. I have some game used Adam Dunn bats I want to photo match to screen shots of his home run at bats but don't want to pay $109 or whatever it is for a year's subscription. Suggestions?

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I'd like to sign up for whatever the bare minimum is that will allow me to go back and watch archived games from the 2013 season. I have some game used Adam Dunn bats I want to photo match to screen shots of his home run at bats but don't want to pay $109 or whatever it is for a year's subscription. Suggestions?

Monthly subscription

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I get it every year. I listen in the car, watch on my laptop, use a "smart" blu ray to watch on TV.... I always think it is worth it. Especially on long drives. Listening to games really passes the time.

When my team is blacked out I just watch the game on regular TV (it is blacked out b/c they are playing the local team).

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Best deal in sports. You can get 20% coupon by subscribing to Baseball Prospectus which is normally $40 annually but is $10 right now if you sign up for Draft Kings (convoluted, I know, but worth the savings). I don't even know or care what Draft Kings is but BP for a year for $10 is a great deal, and mlb.tv coupon is a bonus.

As far as a proxy server to watch local games, it works, but you will have to know of or be able to find a fast enough proxy server to stream games in HD... most publicly available proxy servers limit your bandwidth pretty severely. And of course you need your home internet connection to be fast for HD too.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Have had it for a couple years, but I especially love it now that I'm living abroad. Good quality streams and I like being able to get the home team broadcast. It includes radio feeds as well.

To get around the blackout restrictions (which I don't have to deal with any more) I used Private Internet Access which is a VPN. Works really well and is $40 a year. It works great and now I use it to get American Netflix, Pandora, etc...

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
If you're going to get MLB.TV, you should subscribe to Baseball Prospectus. They give you a 20% off coupon so a subscription to BP ends up costing <$15. Great deal.

Members online

Latest posts