Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Buyers, Do you email the seller and ask where your item is??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
If there is a tracking number on ebay??

I believe I had about 50 packages (from same batch) get stuck somewhere, no movement from Rockledge to Orlando from 3/17 -3/23
and 5 people have emailed me asking if I mailed their package....

and already received six DSR1s, all from the same buyer (I was told)....

Do buyers know how to look up to see tracking on an item they bought?

Buyers should not have to leave dsrs for this...ebay can do it automatically, if it is shipped and updated with tracking within your delivery time, it should be a 5

/rant

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I would maybe. But I'm a edgamacated buyer. So I know depending on their life, things may not get mailed out on the day it says it does. So I might e-mail them say in about a week and let them know I don't have said item. But not really would I do it it say 3-4 days though.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
It drives me crazy when people mail me asking where their package is. I know we've all had these type of buyers who wait a week to pay you then start hounding you for quick delivery the next day. I'd like to hurt those idiots.

As a buyer myself, I would mail the seller no sooner than a week on a high dollar card. Cheaper cards would be longer. Sometimes work and life gets in the way of cards and people need to understand that.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

Do buyers know how to look up to see tracking on an item they bought?

If there is a tracking number posted through Paypal and/or Ebay, I only would contact a seller if the package shows strange movement or just that the number has been created but no movement at all. The seller may not be aware of the issue and can look into it further.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I would maybe. But I'm a edgamacated buyer. So I know depending on their life, things may not get mailed out on the day it says it does. So I might e-mail them say in about a week and let them know I don't have said item. But not really would I do it it say 3-4 days though.

But If you looked at the tracking and it left the original post office, that means it was given to the post office.....why would you ask the seller where the item is??
Now, if you did not look at tracking, I would say why not??

BUT, if seller did not leave tracking, then I can understand

Here is one tracking number
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9400110200793501129716

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
It seriously has to be like a month plus before I start asking where my card is. If I get my card it's 5star everything. It's a card I can live without it.

I i do get pissed when people don't shop 1k plus cards overnight. That leaves way to much error in the PO hands to lose your card.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
If there is a tracking number posted through Paypal and/or Ebay, I only would contact a seller if the package shows strange movement or just that the number has been created but no movement at all. The seller may not be aware of the issue and can look into it further.

I always leave tracking on packages sent...

Even if that was the case about strange movement, would you ding the seller for the item getting stuck in transit somewhere??

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I always leave tracking on packages sent...

Even if that was the case about strange movement, would you ding the seller for the item getting stuck in transit somewhere??

No, I would not place fault on the seller because of issues with the USPS.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
You apparently didn't use Ebay's shipping systems to print the postage and auto upload it
If you did it's automatic 5 on shipping time

DO NOT USE PAYPAL OR USPS DIRECT ANY MORE. Use eBay directly from your sold page
Failure to not use it opens you up to being dinged whether or not you upload a tracking number or not. By using eBay's system it auto populates the rating to an automatic 5.

Some other hints for automatic 5's=
Communication- automatic 5 if you don't communicate at all with buyer before/during a purchase
Shipping Charges- Automatic 5 if use free shipping function

Leaves just "item as described" as the only ding possibility . Just dont sell any less than items without describing any imperfections down to the smallest detail.

Hope this helps-
Jeff

I use SIXBIT w/ endicia for all my ebay transactions

Tracking uploaded

99.77%

(1,309 out of 1,312 transactions)

Tracking uploaded within handling time (did a player break that took a little longer than anticipated to ship out)

88.19%

(1,157 out of 1,312 transactions)

Tracking uploaded and validated by carrier

97.94%
(1,285 out of 1,312 transactions)

stevenm76

Mar 23, 2015
One of my buyers emailed me yesterday to ask about a card that I mailed on Monday because there was no tracking information showing. I think that's fine but I would have been aggravated had he asked me where the card is already.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
I sold a card 2 weeks ago, where it took the buyer a week to pay and then asked if I could ship next day because he wanted it for the weekend. I did ship next day, and because USPS tracking sometimes takes a while to upload, the next day I got a "did you mail it yet" message.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
First off the post office sucks. They don't scan some packages, and it seems items just take so long to get where there going.
Second ebay is full of idiots who don't know how to follow there purchases with tracking. Therefore " did you mail it" or " where's my package" is the norm for ebay.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
(...)
Buyers should not have to leave dsrs for this...ebay can do it automatically, if it is shipped and updated with tracking within your delivery time, it should be a 5

I will ask if it's been like a week with nothing on the tracking number except label created. If there is a item-accepted entry, I don't email about shipping since I know it's in the USPS system but I will inquire about the possibility of a lost package if it's been 3 weeks with nothing received.

I don't think ebay should do automatic DSR's on shipping because there are some idiots who will create label and then take a week to mail it and I do ding the DSR for shipping speed if label created and I can find evidence through the acceptance entry of the senders PO city that the package was not dropped in a collection box or handed to a carrier within 2-3 days of label creation.

Members online

Latest posts