Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is up with all these awful defensive plays, mental mistakes & Teheran's piss poor pitching???
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game over....

You are terrible Teheran. I wish we would have traded you back during the Benintendi trade talks in 2016.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flaherty MVP?

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teheran sucks. Get rid of him. So many young arms we have that can get a chance to pitch and succeed. He is no ace.
    Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel super collector! Also collect Ultra Lucky 13 RCs from years 2004-2007, Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, Virginia Cavaliers, current Washington Redskins, current Atlanta Braves, and Roger Federer.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnryno View Post
    Flaherty MVP?
    This outrageous and completely random post reminds me that I have a PM in regards to marijuana that I have yet to read...

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    This outrageous and completely random post reminds me that I have a PM in regards to marijuana that I have yet to read...
    Best utility man in franchise history

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never witnessed such a horribly played game by the Braves before. So many errors by our defense, pitching giving up hits to the opposing pitcher, soft contact from every single hitter on our team.

It seriously feels like I'm watching one of our minor league teams. Scratch that, none of our minor league teams are this bad.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the rise of the tide (Phillies) we are witnessing a sinking ship (Braves).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    With the rise of the tide (Phillies) we are witnessing a sinking ship (Braves).
    I think it's just a matter of time before the Braves re-take 1st place in the NL East. Right now the Phillies are playing over their heads (and catching breaks) and the Braves are playing under their abilities. Tonights games were good examples.

The Phillies started a 22 year old rookie pitcher I'd never heard of and he got the win. And 3 guys (Hoskins,Williams,Franco), all age 25 or younger, had 2 home runs each, a 1st in MLB history. The 7 home runs by the Phillies tied a franchise record. This is a nice run by the Phillies but I don't see it lasting, even though Gabe Kapler, Robby Thompson, and staff are doing a great job with these kids.

The Braves didn't look like themselves tonight. Sanchez had one of his worst games of the year. The usual tight Braves defense made 3 ugly errors, and when was the last time Albies and Markakis went hitless on the same night. Where was Swanson? The Braves are due for a winning streak. Maybe Dave Roberts will put in a position player to pitch again, like he did last Sunday in the 16 inning game against the Phillies. Thanks Dave.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by u2me57 View Post
    I think it's just a matter of time before the Braves re-take 1st place in the NL East. Right now the Phillies are playing over their heads (and catching breaks) and the Braves are playing under their abilities. Tonights games were good examples.

The Phillies started a 22 year old rookie pitcher I'd never heard of and he got the win. And 3 guys (Hoskins,Williams,Franco), all age 25 or younger, had 2 home runs each, a 1st in MLB history. The 7 home runs by the Phillies tied a franchise record. This is a nice run by the Phillies but I don't see it lasting, even though Gabe Kapler, Robby Thompson, and staff are doing a great job with these kids.

The Braves didn't look like themselves tonight. Sanchez had one of his worst games of the year. The usual tight Braves defense made 3 ugly errors, and when was the last time Albies and Markakis went hitless on the same night. Where was Swanson? The Braves are due for a winning streak. Maybe Dave Roberts will put in a position player to pitch again, like he did last Sunday in the 16 inning game against the Phillies. Thanks Dave.
    Our huge deadline pickup of.................Jonny Venters.........will surely be our savior.

In all honesty I didn't even know this guy was still playing baseball. He was out of baseball from 2013-2017 (I think he ended up having back-to-back TJ surgeries or something like that?) but apparently the Rays picked him up this year and a threw something like 12 IP.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braves are back at it...giving up big run scoring hits to the opposing pitchers.

This team looks like trash. Everything is falling apart, the offense, defense, starting pitching, bullpen...all of it.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kershaw is 1-for-1 with a double, 2 walks & 2 RBI against Braves pitching tonight.

Haven't been able to get the damn pitcher out...like last night.

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty soon we'll be in 3rd place...
    Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel super collector! Also collect Ultra Lucky 13 RCs from years 2004-2007, Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, Virginia Cavaliers, current Washington Redskins, current Atlanta Braves, and Roger Federer.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I haven't been around much on this thread lately but that's because there has been nothing exciting to talk about and was sick of *****ing.

However, it's quite possible there might be something real exciting to talk about soon. Sean Newcomb has a no-hitter thru 8 IP at the moment. Will he complete it? Will he fail? Tune in to find out...

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You jinxed it with the post!