User Tag List

Thread: Ichiro auto opinions

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ichiro auto opinions

So I bought this on card auto from someone on FCB, can't remember who or for how much. They said it was signed in person at the ballpark if my memory serves me. Anyway, was thinking of having it authenticated and encapsulated, but am worried that it won't pass. Is it worth submitting? Should I do a quick opinion first? Should I not even bother submitting? What do you guys think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190501_175457.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	88886

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Collecting Interests
    Justin Upton - need everything not listed here
    Star Autos baseball late 80s - present
    Ohio State baseball/football/basketball autos - 1 per player
    Vintage baseball - mostly pre-war

Photobucket

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, for the $40+shipping that PSA charges for authentication, what's the point? IP auto cards don't have a huge market, so it won't be a huge monetary boost. If you want the piece of mind in knowing that it's real, do a PSA QuickOpinion for $10... I've never had something pass QuickOpinion and fail their full authentication service.

For what its worth, it looks like a genuine Ichiro from the mid-2000s... when he was transitioning from his rookie-year signature, to the messy scribble he does today.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    To be honest, for the $40+shipping that PSA charges for authentication, what's the point? IP auto cards don't have a huge market, so it won't be a huge monetary boost. If you want the piece of mind in knowing that it's real, do a PSA QuickOpinion for $10... I've never had something pass QuickOpinion and fail their full authentication service.

For what its worth, it looks like a genuine Ichiro from the mid-2000s... when he was transitioning from his rookie-year signature, to the messy scribble he does today.
    I really appreciate your opinion. Part of it is just piece of mind since I plan to hold on to it. Frankly, having someone tell me they recognize it as an early signature helps. I may still get it done even though the cost to authenticate may not be worth it.

It might be a bit morbid, but I've been getting a will and trust set up for my family in the case of an emergency. Part of that process has forced me to think about what would happen to my collection. I really want stuff easy to consign and sell should something happen to me since I don't have anyone to pass my stuff to that would enjoy the collection like I do. I'm probably going to leave instructions to have one of the big consignors get it so my family will get the most value without having to figure out how to move it all.

I've got a Mariano Rivera to encapsulate as well as a Mantle and DiMaggio, but those last 2 are pricey. We'll see... I live in the DFW area, so I'll just drive to Beckett and drop off a load of stuff personally if/when I do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Collecting Interests
    Justin Upton - need everything not listed here
    Star Autos baseball late 80s - present
    Ohio State baseball/football/basketball autos - 1 per player
    Vintage baseball - mostly pre-war

Photobucket

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks similar to his earlier autos. If it's for eventual resale then definitely get it authenticated.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like an early sig but yeah, looks good to my non-expert eyes...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compare it to his auto on his 2001 Ultimate Collection RC Auto. I'm not an expert, but it looks the same to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beckett is running a BAS Signature Review promo this month. Looks like you just send a picture and they tell you if they think it's real.