Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Everybody has some nice auto sets.

2003UltimateCollectionUltimateSi-1.jpg

2003UltimateCollectionUltimateSigna.jpg

I've noticed a lot of these have off-center autos as well. The 2nd one isn't so bad, but the first is pretty off.

Here's my contribution to the sets of autos

1999SpSignatureEditionAuto1.jpg

1999SPSignatureEditionAuto2.jpg

Reflections74.jpg

Joe

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
I'm aware that we have an economic disaster and my wealth (what wealth?) will be re-distributed or is it distributed (since it wasn't distributed once yet)?

Given our hard times, and the collectors are suffering the major hit (who's going to buy cardboard when their family have to eat in a lighted house), I still can not believe the lack of ANY thing happening on ebay 6 weeks before Christmas. Gives you encouragement about the retail holiday spending, doesn't it? The low stock market is going to get lower, don't try to catch a "falling knife", you'll just get cut.

I still am amazed that in weeks, I've seen almost nothing up for sale of worth by Sellers with Griffey Cards. The Lack of buyers I understand, but you'd think some sellers would need some money. I understand if a seller wants to wait because items don't sell or they sell cheap, but how can they afford to sit on all that inventory and DO NOTHING?

I haven't even seen an American Hero Card on Ebay for 4 weeks, except maybe one I already had.
Stalled forever at 48/100.

I also understand the World Series is over and Baseball is a distant thought (Go Bengals! that's a joke guys), but still NOTHING for sale? One might think its a great buyers market and a great time to pick up some rare cards from somebody needing money? Ain't happening. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE DEADEST COLLECTABLE MARKET I'VE SEEN IN 12 YEARS.

As far as I'm concerned, if the world can't buy and sell collectables, ESPECIALLY GRIFFEY, we're all going down.

Buy some guns, start growing your food and settle in for the disaster coming- the end of the world and worse- the end of collectables.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I dont think we will ever see the end of collectibles. This is clearly a hard time for many people, and some are having to find ways to come up with extra income. If you are a collector, the last thing you want to do is sell your cards that you have been collecting for years and years. I think thats why we arent seeing much on ebay....collectors are waiting until they've gone through all other options before listing cards.

Not griffey, but i have seen more and more high end cards with HIGH BIN prices....just another thing that backs me up. Collectors dont WANT to sell card X, but if they got 3x what they normally would for it, they would sell it and not look back. Once the economy picks back up, things will be back to normal. In order for this "buyers market" to be strong for buyers, we need sellers to list the cards. I just dont think the collectors are willing to give up their most favorite cards yet....which more often than not are the high end you and I speak of. (i thought i might have seen one of the big cards i need for the immortal set for the same reasons you mentioned, then i thought about it and came up with this)

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Twelve 1/1 Griffey cards from 2007 PREMIER 1/1 Releases
I believe I need the vertical one with "#3", and the horizonal one with "REDS"
I also think I need some other "Rare Patches Duals which are 2007 Premier cards
ANY HELP APPRECIATED

img116.jpg

img118.jpg

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
brinn1 said:
Twelve 1/1 Griffey cards from 2007 PREMIER 1/1 Releases
I believe I need the vertical one with "#3", and the horizonal one with "REDS"
I also think I need some other "Rare Patches Duals which are 2007 Premier cards
ANY HELP APPRECIATED

img116.jpg

img118.jpg

But do you have this :D :D

1002-29.jpg

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I was pleasantly surprised by these prices...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0310896337

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0310896351

brinn1 said:
I'm aware that we have an economic disaster and my wealth (what wealth?) will be re-distributed or is it distributed (since it wasn't distributed once yet)?

Given our hard times, and the collectors are suffering the major hit (who's going to buy cardboard when their family have to eat in a lighted house), I still can not believe the lack of ANY thing happening on ebay 6 weeks before Christmas. Gives you encouragement about the retail holiday spending, doesn't it? The low stock market is going to get lower, don't try to catch a "falling knife", you'll just get cut.

I still am amazed that in weeks, I've seen almost nothing up for sale of worth by Sellers with Griffey Cards. The Lack of buyers I understand, but you'd think some sellers would need some money. I understand if a seller wants to wait because items don't sell or they sell cheap, but how can they afford to sit on all that inventory and DO NOTHING?

I haven't even seen an American Hero Card on Ebay for 4 weeks, except maybe one I already had.

I also understand the World Series is over and Baseball is a distant thought (Go Bengals! that's a joke guys), but still NOTHING for sale? One might think its a great buyers market and a great time to pick up some rare cards from somebody needing money? Ain't happening. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE DEADEST COLLECTABLE MARKET I'VE SEEN IN 12 YEARS.

As far as I'm concerned, if the world can't buy and sell collectables, ESPECIALLY GRIFFEY, we're all going down.

Buy some guns, start growing your food and settle in for the disaster coming- the end of the world and worse- the end of collectables.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
Kevin, nice sales. It seems to be hit and miss right now. If I want something the price goes through the roof, if I am not interested it sells for nothing :evil:

Roy

KLARNOLD said:

brinn1 said:

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
KLARNOLD said:

brinn1 said:

who is that in your avatar(what movie)could have sworn ive seen that before.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1998 Bowman Golden Anniversary /50
1998bowmangolden.jpg

i have a 1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary /50 coming too

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
I my attemped to put together the 2008 Heroes Set (Griffey's) I picked up 2 of these.

Griffey08UpperDeckHeroesJER-AURed47.jpg

I any ones as a extra Griffey Au laying around that I need and would be interested in swapping, let me know.

Members online

Latest posts