User Tag List

Page 521 of 561 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 8404

Thread: Griffey Collector's Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GC24 View Post
    Hey guys. It's no Crusade, but I'm happy to add this one to the thread. Curious if anybody familiar with grading thinks this is worth re-grading with Beckett? I'm far from a grading expert, but I'm thinking it's close to a 10. Any opinions?

(Hold down Control and either Scroll Up, or press the plus sign to zoom in.)
    If anyone were interested, Beckett refused to grade the card without "JSA" authenticating it (PSA is apparently not reputable). This also in spite of discussing it before shipping it to them and getting the OK to send it as is.

So, $40 wasted and a bitter taste in my mouth dealing with BGS. After some research I now see this is a common practice with them. Shame they didn't flag this in any way before shipping it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GC24 View Post
    If anyone were interested, Beckett refused to grade the card without "JSA" authenticating it (PSA is apparently not reputable). This also in spite of discussing it before shipping it to them and getting the OK to send it as is.

So, $40 wasted and a bitter taste in my mouth dealing with BGS. After some research I now see this is a common practice with them. Shame they didn't flag this in any way before shipping it.
    Add this to the list of reasons why many don't like/use BGS: https://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...150822-Why-PSA

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=12505]Collect[/MENTION] - any updates on the background stories on the 90's Fleer high-end inserts or the new grading service you referenced?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Informal Poll: There are a number of huge Griffey collectors on these boards. Trying to do an informal pop report on how many 1995 Upper Deck Predictor Exchange (silver holo foil) sets there are in existence. Griffey has two cards in the set (#R45 and R52). I have specialized in this set and a handful of other exchange sets for the past several years. Was curious how many of you own them and how many of each you own. Was psyched to land a poorly listed one on the cheap earlier this week: https://www.ebay.com/itm/401128743420

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pred12b.jpg   pred12.jpg   pred1.jpg   pred1b.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    Add this to the list of reasons why many don't like/use BGS: https://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...150822-Why-PSA
    Absolutely. I was unaware this was actually a recurring issue with them.I was impartial to their cases and read that they can be more strict on grades. Their CS is ridiculously bad and I'll be giving PSA my business from now on.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    Informal Poll: There are a number of huge Griffey collectors on these boards. Trying to do an informal pop report on how many 1995 Upper Deck Predictor Exchange (silver holo foil) sets there are in existence. Griffey has two cards in the set (#R4 5 and R52). I have specialized in this set and a handful of other exchange sets for the past several years. Was curious how many of you own them and how many of each you own. Was psyched to land a poorly listed one on the cheap earlier this week: https://www.ebay.com/itm/401128743420
    Great pickup - a steal, indeed! For your documentation, I have #R45 and #R52 ; I do not have #H3 or #R4

R45 and R52 are supposedly harder to find than #H3 or #R4 : https://baseballcardpedia.com/index.p...eck#Predictors

Cliff-notes of the page: Upper Deck distributed 2 sets of retail-only Predictor inserts: Series 1 (#R1-#R30) and Series 2 (#R31-#R60). The Series 1 Predictor set had 6 "winner" cards which could be redeemed for a holographic-foiled Series 1 set (#R1-#R3). However, the Series 2 Predictor set only had 1 "winner" card that could be redeemed for a Series 2 holographic set (#R31-#R60), thus making the Series 2 redeemed cards harder to find. I think it's implied that Hobby redeemed sets (#H1-#H40) are easier to find due to hobby distribution vs. retail.

You may already know this - just want to make sure since you originally mentioned that Griffey only has 2 cards in the set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody here own the 2015 Topps Museum Griffey laundry tag 1/1 (White Sox)? If so please send me a pm. Thank you!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have at least one each of the H3 and R4 redeemed (silver foil) Predictors, PM if interested.

And for the contemporary Griffey collectors, hoping that I priced this one about right. I don't deal in lower #'d Griffey's too often:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-UPPER-D...-/142035015280

flarick
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone else noticed how your ebay "searches" are now bogged down given COMC dumping 1-1/2 million cards as "the world's largest consignment service"?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone interested in these?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @joey

How much do you want for the Max?
    -Ken Griffey Jr Collector-

Currently looking for:
    -1989 Phoenix Magnets (Orange Copyright Font)
    -1989 St. Vincent Stamp SPECIMEN
    -1989 Topps Heads Up Test
    -1990 Toys R Us Mini Box Card

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flarick View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how your ebay "searches" are now bogged down given COMC dumping 1-1/2 million cards as "the world's largest consignment service"?
    Yes - to say it's annoying would be an understatement. Good for the COMC sellers, but irritating for our searches

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys:

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm selling my '98 red crusade griffey on PWCC. Auction starts July 11.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, did you need a down payment on a house?
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 10/17/2019

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 86.9% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 89/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 67/350

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)