Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
TNP777 said:
Just got this in tonight. Dahlen's a tough get in both T206 and T205. As we all know, these cards were inserted in cigarette packs. Unfortunately, this card came from a current heavy smoker's house. The bubble wrap and the card itself reek.

Oh well, I'm still pretty darn excited to cross this one off the list. I'll try to get a scan up of the T205 Brooklyn Superba set in progress. I just need one card to finish up, and it's a very tough card - Irvin Wilhelm.

wv7qd3.jpg
Put the card in a small plastic bag with a drier sheet in it, heard that works for cards that reek of cigarette smoke.

Huge congrats on the Dahlen for the set and best of luck obtaining the Wilhelm! I will keep an eye out for it..

Das

Aug 7, 2008
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, Figured i'd post and see if I can get back into the card community.

Some of my recent pickups:

My Main project is a rookie of every hall of famer - these three put me up to 151.
jhjohnson.jpg
lkelly.jpg
jparkerhof.jpg

Not a hall of famer, but a needed pick up.
dpearson.jpg
jklecko.jpg
jffuqua.jpg

These are off grade a bit - but lovely pickups I've been wanting for awhile.
piccolo.jpg
docblanchard.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
When I first started to buy vintage to rebuild my collection, the 1961 MVP subset was the first I put together as it had always been one of my favorites.
Nice Maris!

DANNY

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
TNP777 said:
love those Polar Bear backs! Are you going for a back variation set for Schulte?

PB's are my favorite, too. Eventually I'll go after all of his back variations. I'm going after his various unique types first.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
jay1065 said:
TNP777 said:
love those Polar Bear backs! Are you going for a back variation set for Schulte?

PB's are my favorite, too. Eventually I'll go after all of his back variations. I'm going after his various unique types first.
Not going after the monster anymore, Jay?

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
scotty21690 said:
jay1065 said:
TNP777 said:

No, gave up in May. I took about three months off from prewar collecting to find what I really liked. I'm a player collector at heart, and Schulte is a great, underrated player from the Deadball Era. It also helps that he has cards in all of my favorite issues.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
jay1065 said:
scotty21690 said:
jay1065 said:
TNP777 said:

No, gave up in May. I took about three months off from prewar collecting to find what I really liked. I'm a player collector at heart, and Schulte is a great, underrated player from the Deadball Era. It also helps that he has cards in all of my favorite issues.
Great to hear, Jay....best of luck on the collection. :)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A few more Yankees:
1961 Post Clete Boyer
1963 Post Clete Boyer
1950 Bowman Cliff Mapes
1950 Bowman Tommy Henrich
DANNY
61PostBoyer.jpg

63PostBoyer.jpg

50BowmanMapes.jpg

50BowmanHenrich.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
1934 Diamond Stars Bill Dickey SGC 30. This one was tough to find. Now only need one of the Lazzeri cards to complete the Yankee Diamond Stars with yearly variations.
DANNY
DiamondStarsDickey.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
congrats, Danny! Well done!

Now you need to give us a group scan. If you'd like, send me the images and I'll put one together for you.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
TNP777 said:
congrats, Danny! Well done!

Now you need to give us a group scan. If you'd like, send me the images and I'll put one together for you.
I'll try to do that in the next couple of days. I'll holler for help if needed;)
DANNY

Members online

Latest posts