Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Got these beauties in today. Love the look of these cards!

Scan-110105-0003.jpg

Scan-110105-0001.jpg

Scan-110105-0002.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Is there any definitive identification for these team issue photos from the early 90s? Since Hendu has them, I'm sure McGwire would have them in all the same years.

TeamIssueBWAT%26Tphoto.png1990or91_TeamIssueBWphoto.pngImage_09930.png

I was sort of hoping to be able to figure out when these were issued, and from that determine if I was missing any. I've see two or three different McGwire photos with just "Athletics" at the bottom, so I'm guessing several years were release like that. Any ideas on the others? I'm guessing the last one there was issued after Dave's playing days were over as Fox Sports Net Bay Area wasn't called that until at least the late 90s, early 00s and Hendu didn't play past 1996.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
DaClyde said:
Is there any definitive identification for these team issue photos from the early 90s? Since Hendu has them, I'm sure McGwire would have them in all the same years.

TeamIssueBWAT%26Tphoto.png1990or91_TeamIssueBWphoto.pngImage_09930.png

I was sort of hoping to be able to figure out when these were issued, and from that determine if I was missing any. I've see two or three different McGwire photos with just "Athletics" at the bottom, so I'm guessing several years were release like that. Any ideas on the others? I'm guessing the last one there was issued after Dave's playing days were over as Fox Sports Net Bay Area wasn't called that until at least the late 90s, early 00s and Hendu didn't play past 1996.

These were a sort of fan club postcard type card issued by the team itself. These were for TTM. Unfortunately for you they did this every year which means he probably has a '88-'93. All of those years look exactly like the one in the middle which means you most likely need at least five of them. The other two I'm not sure about. The one that really confuses me is the Fox one. They didn't rename the station Fox Sports Net until '97 and Henderson left in '93. It was probably some promo reliving the glory days in which case I'm sure there is a McGwire I don't know about :)

Sorry I couldn't be much more help. At least you are in the same boat with the rest of us. I've only seen 3 of the McGwires. I think I own two of them now but haven't updated the site in quite sometime:

http://www.joering.com/mcgwire/index.ph ... Search=ttm

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
012.jpg

My Kings of their castles. I got Mcgwire outside of the stadium in January 2010 i stood in the cold for 3 hours well worth the wait he signed a ball and this photo for me.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
jam92102 said:
That is amazing Pujolscollector!! Nice full Mcgwire sig. I would've been right there with ya!! LOL
When i was getting this signed it was like 27 degrees or something crazy and i had forgot my jacket. McGwire had said at Winter Warm Up (Cardinals Charity event) he was going to work with Colby and some of the guys, when he said that we knew we had to get to the stadium. After standing out there for what seemed like eternity Mark came out along with Barry Weinburg (Cardinals Trainer) and signed for a few others who had gathered from what i could tell he stadium signed their items at least one of them anyway.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Big Mac McGwire said:
PujolsCollector said:
012.jpg

My Kings of their castles. I got Mcgwire outside of the stadium in January 2010 i stood in the cold for 3 hours well worth the wait he signed a ball and this photo for me.

That is sick. All i need is Albert to complete mine. Im hoping to get it done at spring training, where did you get albert to sign it at?

We had Albert Sign it at the Cardinals Annual charity event Winter Warm Up. It was a paid autograph. But you get to meet him also this event just passed it is held every year during MLK weekend at the Hyatt Regency in STL. Thanks for the kind words on the piece.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Picked this up recently: 1998 Topps Tek #13 Pattern 58
tek.jpg

Is this set heavily collected by McGwire collectors since it is from 1998? I'm surprised there is not a single one on eBay.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
nevermore said:
Picked this up recently: 1998 Topps Tek #13 Pattern 58
tek.jpg

Is this set heavily collected by McGwire collectors since it is from 1998? I'm surprised there is not a single one on eBay.

98 Tek are so hard to find. I only have 15 of 90.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Small Milestone. With this card, I now have 3198 different McGwires. That means only 3000 more to go!!!

mcgwire070001a.jpg

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
I was going to post a pic with this but cant quite get a clear enough picture. I wanted to ask about the 1998 Finest No Protector "refractor" that's actually missing the "refractor finish" on it but labled as "#145 R" on the back? How rare are these? I remember in late '98 seeing a Beckett that featured a write up on these error refractors but I have honestly not seen that many at all since.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!
charliehustle

Latest posts