Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, who says that the Bond(s) market is dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
There are still Bonds collectors, and how many Topps 1/1 autos does he have? $1000 may be a little higher than I would have guessed, but prices on 1/1s can be very unpredictable.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I was also leaning towards set collector at first because the set is pretty popular, but a Bonds collector wound up winning that card.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
people still collect McGwire, Palmiero, Sosa, Gonzalez. Why not Bonds?

Especially when I'm sure several collectors of his have 10s of $1,000s already invested, why stop now?

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
chashawk said:
people still collect McGwire, Palmiero, Sosa, Gonzalez. Why not Bonds?

Especially when I'm sure several collectors of his have 10s of $1,000s already invested, why stop now?

Don't forget Rose...he still sells well uder different circumstances.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
That is a supremely awesome autograph set, and a 1/1 Finest superfractor to boot. $1,000 seems cheap actually. God I wish Oswalt had an autograph in the set. I guess I will settle for this:
05finestsupergem.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
prospectorgems said:
[quote="Russ S.":1fn4r9fk]Set Collector?

People build Superfractor sets?
If it's a Topps Master Set collector, absolutely.

But as mentioned, i guess it was a Bonds collector.

Sorry for expressing my opinion.[/quote:1fn4r9fk]

Russ, not to be a jerk, but I have a hard time believing anybody is crazy enough to go after "REAL" master sets of anything anymore. Its insane enough for any of us going after 1/1's as player collectors. If you were a master set builder(a real one) I don't think you'd ever get a master set of anything. If anything, the 1/1's would be throw ins just to say you gave it your all. Even if you had all the money in the world it wouldn't be possible. Too many people wouldn't part with them and the ones who did, you'd be bidding against some hellified people when it came to big name players like Jeter, Griffey, Ripken, Mac, Binds, Manny, etc. And that's assuming you were able to find them on ebay. A lot of deals happen off ebay.

Why go after something you are pretty much guaranteed to never finish?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
predatorkj said:
Russ S. said:
prospectorgems said:
[quote="Russ S.":3st548w9]Set Collector?

People build Superfractor sets?
If it's a Topps Master Set collector, absolutely.

But as mentioned, i guess it was a Bonds collector.

Sorry for expressing my opinion.

Russ, not to be a jerk, but I have a hard time believing anybody is crazy enough to go after "REAL" master sets of anything anymore. Its insane enough for any of us going after 1/1's as player collectors. If you were a master set builder(a real one) I don't think you'd ever get a master set of anything. If anything, the 1/1's would be throw ins just to say you gave it your all. Even if you had all the money in the world it wouldn't be possible. Too many people wouldn't part with them and the ones who did, you'd be bidding against some hellified people when it came to big name players like Jeter, Griffey, Ripken, Mac, Binds, Manny, etc. And that's assuming you were able to find them on ebay. A lot of deals happen off ebay.

Why go after something you are pretty much guaranteed to never finish?[/quote:3st548w9]

I thought he was referring to a master set builder of that particular autograph insert set - its a great set and not too big.

But I also think someone can be a master set builder and - assuming they're sane :) - only tries to get as many 1/1s as they can knowing full well what you've said.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
My guess is, since Bonds hasn't had cards issued in so long, the serious Bonds collectors have been hoarding cash waiting for some big cards to get listed.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
MOFNY said:
That is a supremely awesome autograph set, and a 1/1 Finest superfractor to boot. $1,000 seems cheap actually. God I wish Oswalt had an autograph in the set. I guess I will settle for this:

I'm in the same boat...

FinestCC.jpg

Sorry for the multiple cards in the scan. JUST KIDDING!! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts