Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, who says that the Bond(s) market is dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
predatorkj said:
Russ S. said:
prospectorgems said:
[quote="Russ S.":1xyvdix3]Set Collector?

People build Superfractor sets?
If it's a Topps Master Set collector, absolutely.

But as mentioned, i guess it was a Bonds collector.

Sorry for expressing my opinion.

Russ, not to be a jerk, but I have a hard time believing anybody is crazy enough to go after "REAL" master sets of anything anymore. Its insane enough for any of us going after 1/1's as player collectors. If you were a master set builder(a real one) I don't think you'd ever get a master set of anything. If anything, the 1/1's would be throw ins just to say you gave it your all. Even if you had all the money in the world it wouldn't be possible. Too many people wouldn't part with them and the ones who did, you'd be bidding against some hellified people when it came to big name players like Jeter, Griffey, Ripken, Mac, Binds, Manny, etc. And that's assuming you were able to find them on ebay. A lot of deals happen off ebay.

Why go after something you are pretty much guaranteed to never finish?[/quote:1xyvdix3]
+1 big time
Juan has 406 1/1's we took them off the main list for that reason. put then in a separate categorie. i have had a total of 20 at one time or another, i now have 2. no one will ever get every 1/1 of the player they collect.even if you put a bounty of a mill per card. it will not happen. why bother. case in point,how many of that 406 are truly out there, and have not been lost, or trashed. to me 1/1's are just an odd ball.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
predatorkj said:
Russ S. said:
prospectorgems said:
[quote="Russ S.":2ifs8mji]Set Collector?

People build Superfractor sets?
If it's a Topps Master Set collector, absolutely.

But as mentioned, i guess it was a Bonds collector.

Sorry for expressing my opinion.

Russ, not to be a jerk, but I have a hard time believing anybody is crazy enough to go after "REAL" master sets of anything anymore. Its insane enough for any of us going after 1/1's as player collectors. If you were a master set builder(a real one) I don't think you'd ever get a master set of anything. If anything, the 1/1's would be throw ins just to say you gave it your all. Even if you had all the money in the world it wouldn't be possible. Too many people wouldn't part with them and the ones who did, you'd be bidding against some hellified people when it came to big name players like Jeter, Griffey, Ripken, Mac, Binds, Manny, etc. And that's assuming you were able to find them on ebay. A lot of deals happen off ebay.

Why go after something you are pretty much guaranteed to never finish?

I thought he was referring to a master set builder of that particular autograph insert set - its a great set and not too big.

But I also think someone can be a master set builder and - assuming they're sane :) - only tries to get as many 1/1s as they can knowing full well what you've said.[/quote:2ifs8mji]

Maybe he did. I don't know. I assumed from his wording he meant Topps sets (as in any topps sets). I don't like the term "Master Set" because it implies an impossibility for the most part.

I do happen to know a couple of people who do go for master sets but like I, as well as you, have said, it is only to the point of what's obtainable. After that, everything else obtained is just a measure of effort shown but never collected with the intent of being able to finish. One of the suckiest parts of the hobby is the fact that aside from some kind of insane luck and money, you'll never be able to do something like that. Now maybe it would be possible if the set was small and you had 20 years or so to devote to just that one set. But there are just still too many people out there who keep pulls and player collect with no intention to sell. That is not even taking into account cards accidentally destroyed or never even opened from a pack.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have never pulled a super fractor.. EVER.. but I did pull a Luke Hocheaver Tristar 1/1 purple the year he was drafted 1/1.. got me about $200.. couldn't believe it.. haha

Members online

Latest posts